User Tag List

Thread: Flash Uploader issue (browser plugin failure) workaround

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

Flash Uploader issue (browser plugin failure) workaround

Certain browsers may no longer allow the Flash Uploader installed on this website to interact with them. This means that when attempting to upload file attachments from your local drives, you may notice that the 'Browse' button is consistently missing and that there thus seems no way to make the browse-to-file screen appear any longer. There are however two options that will enable you to work around this issue. You may elect to use one of them. They are:

1) Simply locate your browser's 'Allow and Remember' option for the Flash Uploader plugin and enable it.

2) Use the 'Basic Uploader' option on the Insert Image dialog screen (in the lower right-hand corner).

As an example, on the screenshots below you can see the 'Allow and Remember' plugin option dialog for Firefox (first image), and the 'Basic Uploader' link (second image):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash_uploader_block_message.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	3529

Perhaps the best option is to update the Flash plugin for your browser. That should fix everything.

If you have any trouble please let me know and I will try and help you.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (12-22-2015), spiritbird (12-22-2015), wingman (12-22-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Now all I will have to do if I come across this issue is to allow myself to remember where to go back and find this information .

Thanks Tony~