User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 clutch of eggs laid

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon

2 clutch of eggs laid

one laid yesterday one today the last for Rio and Mango........

2. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (12-12-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I must ask what are you giving for calcium? Do you know the symptoms of low calcium in birds? I don't mean to scare you at all. Lovebirds are super sensitive to low calcium and with low calcium comes egg binding. Just asking you be aware and take precautions.

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    calcium supplement like the link you posted and boiled eggs with shells crushed also broccoli floret tops .these eggs look huge and stronger than the first clutch did....im beginning to think these are rabbits wearing bird costumes......

5. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-12-2015), spiritbird (12-11-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    That sounds good Charlie. http://www.naturechest.com/calcium-foods.html You wrote you would do things differently this time. What do you mean?

Parrots

first thing is monitor behavior, I keep a notebook in my lap like a nerd a jot down things i see in behavior i.e. aggression from parents both or one more than the other as the chicks get older.then compare notes to reading and theories and there are a ton of theories . i refuse to let the little ones ever be badgered like pumpkin was....then after this second clutch the box will be gone from the cage...

Nobility Member

Parrots

That note taking and observation sounds like what I did as a zoo volunteer for a few years on primates. Birds are more fun. An avian vet would love you to be their assistant!!

Parrots

3 eggs now.

Nobility Member

Parrots

She is really busy. Is Dad feeding Rio?

Parrots

seems to be.

Parrots

4 eggs now laid one day apart.