User Tag List

Thread: Need advice

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon

Need advice

What is a good diet pellet for Bird all around nutrition? Brand name etc.....

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I have been alternating between Harrison's high potency extra fine and Roudybusy nibbles. They are both small enough for tiny birds like ours. I may stop the R soon because I like the ingredients of H better. When both of my birds are over one year of age I will just feed the regular H instead of high potency. I mix them with Goldenfeast blends and Dr. Harvey's parakeet blend. This too has awesome ingredients. Does this help?

3. The following user likes this post:

wingman (12-11-2015)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    thank you Dianne i had some samples of cranberry and tropical fruit fron roudy that is finely chopped for the babies i also put in a honey infused seed treat which Pumpkin has been hitting. ancient egyptions used honey to kill bactria should help as anti bactrial from inside out...

Parrots

White Faced Cockatiel - Riley. Heavy Pied Cockatiel - Carolina
    I just switched my birds from Zupreem to Harrisons

6. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-11-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I do not feed any honey to my birds. Once you have had a bird die from again gastric yeast you become very weary of sweet coated seeds.

Parrots

sorry to hear that, yeast is a fungus nothing seems to kill fungus... http://www.petmd.com/bird/conditions..._gastric_yeast

terrible stuff......
    Last edited by wingman; 12-11-2015 at 02:45 PM.

9. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-12-2015)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    We use roudybush and add lots of fresh fruit and vegetables for our birds.They were on harrissons for a long time,but I find the roudybush equally as good.Keep in mind whatever pellet you feed...they are never found in the wild,so fruits and vegetables are very important to add to any birds diet.I would stay away from any pellet that is colorful and claims to be fruit flavored...it ,in my opinion, amounts to candy for birds.
    "Ivo"

11. The following 2 users like this post:

spiritbird (12-12-2015), wingman (12-12-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    We use the blend made by Bird Paradise. Pellets with dried fruits, veggies and nuts.
    Rosie & Kendra

13. The following 2 users like this post:

spiritbird (12-12-2015), wingman (12-12-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

That must be a great bird store. What's it like?

I prefer Lafeber and Lafeber brands. Been using the for more than 2 years now. Amazing variety and quality.

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-26-2017)