User Tag List

Thread: The Amazon growl

Parrots

Yellow shouldered Amazon, Salty

The Amazon growl

Salty gives off the growl that i've only heard other amazons do. He only does it when i am making him do something he really doesnt like, but he is such a lil sh*t that a scruffle of his head and a birdy hug usually make him forget about what was bothering him. Hes even gentle when he is doing the Amazon crazy bird 'snake head' thing. I have to try and video that, its pretty funny.
    HI , I am Salty, a yellow shouldered Amazon, hatched June 15, 2015. I will be a pirate someday, just like my daddy!

2. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (11-30-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I would love to see a video.
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Casper growls menacingly when presented with a finger and then just steps on happily. I think it means "I am quite happy where I am but hopefully I will get a reward for obliging you"
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

5. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (11-30-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    At one point in my life I had an African grey and they will growl as well. It was always a situation in which she was not comfortable.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well at least you guys get a warning. Lady just strikes away with a good pinch!

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-02-2015), spiritbird (12-02-2015)

Parrots

Yellow napped amazon Seminole, green wing macaw Monte, yellow budgie parakeet Avra , Sun conure Starburst... RIP Hendrick... Fly high pretty blue.. 5-5-14
    Seminole is a rescue..and she laughs when she's happy..and laughs hysterically when she's mad..and when she's doing either..we're very cautious... That bird can do some damage..

10. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-05-2015), spiritbird (12-04-2015)