User Tag List

Thread: Do blue quakers have more Health issues?

Do blue quakers have more Health issues?

I saw this on another bird forum(avian avenue),and do blue quakers have more health issues than normal quakers and other mutations?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Interesting question. Do you have a blue Quaker? Green is their natural color just like Linnies. My birds are blue and very healthy. Just how much genetics play in a birds health would take some research.

3. The following user likes this post:

Cpara (11-30-2015)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    They do not
    "Ivo"

5. The following user likes this post:

Cpara (11-30-2015)

Parrots

White Faced Cockatiel - Riley. Heavy Pied Cockatiel - Carolina
    I believe they used to when the blue mutation was new but as breeders started breeding better birds I don't believe they have any more health problems related to their mutation any more

7. The following user likes this post:

Cpara (11-30-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Interesting question. Do you have a blue Quaker? Green is their natural color just like Linnies. My birds are blue and very healthy. Just how much genetics play in a birds health would take some research.
    No,I don't have one.I might be getting one since the breeder of the amazon clutch had some issues.

9. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (11-30-2015)

Parrots

I have to admit I find the blue ones to be much prettier than other mutations

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    I have to admit I find the blue ones to be much prettier than other mutations
    I know right!But of course they are more expensive than other mutations.

Parrots

The good ones always are the dusky pionus is more expensive than other pionus, pied cockatiels seem to more than other mutations, black headed caquies are more than the white bellies and of course blue quakers are more expensive than others

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    The good ones always are the dusky pionus is more expensive than other pionus, pied cockatiels seem to more than other mutations, black headed caquies are more than the white bellies and of course blue quakers are more expensive than others
    I know right! But worth it.XD

Parrots

1 Male Pacific Parrotlet Named: Tico 1 Female Rose Crown Conure Named: Zoey 1 Female Cobalt Lineolated Parakeet Named: Lilo 1 Female Creamino Lineolated Parakeet Named: Belle
    with Quakers blue is much more common then it ever used to be. There is always a risk with mutations having problems, if problems break out it is usually because of bad breeding and not always indicative of the mutation. People blame mutations because some mixing can weaken lines, however if you find someone who understands the breed you can usually avoid those issues!

Thanks Mr. Peepers (siggy)
    Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000​

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Cpara (12-06-2015), Robyn (12-04-2015)