User Tag List

Thread: a newbie has arrived!!

Parrots

Peter

a newbie has arrived!!

hi!! i'm Eileen, i have one parrot, a timneh parrot named peter. i'll put some pictures of him in my post. we just recently got him from my grandmother (who already owns a lovebird and a macaw.) we used to have an african grey as well but he recently passed this october. i've been trying to make him less fearful/aggressive than he is because he's generally more inclined to bite you than tolerate you, so hopefully i can get some worthwhile advice here! i'm also planning to get a smaller bird such as a lovebird before i go to college (i'll be staying in town.) as for hobbies...... well, i horseback ride, i play clarinet pretty well (i plan to major in music education,) and i do a little graphic design and a lot of photography (does nto reflect in below images which i tooka couple minutes ago LMFAO)

anyways, here are some pics of peter!! he doesnt like to stay still haha
    http://imgur.com/a/6B3js
    some say love is a burning thing,
    that it makes a fiery ring.
    oh, but i know love as a fading thing,
    just as fickle as a feather in a stream.

i made my avatar, pm me if you want one of your bird!

2. The following user likes this post:

94lt1 (11-26-2015)

Parrots

Yellow napped amazon Seminole, green wing macaw Monte, yellow budgie parakeet Avra , Sun conure Starburst... RIP Hendrick... Fly high pretty blue.. 5-5-14
    Quote Originally Posted by eileen View Post
    hi!! i'm Eileen, i have one parrot, a timneh parrot named peter. i'll put some pictures of him in my post. we just recently got him from my grandmother (who already owns a lovebird and a macaw.) we used to have an african grey as well but he recently passed this october. i've been trying to make him less fearful/aggressive than he is because he's generally more inclined to bite you than tolerate you, so hopefully i can get some worthwhile advice here! i'm also planning to get a smaller bird such as a lovebird before i go to college (i'll be staying in town.) as for hobbies...... well, i horseback ride, i play clarinet pretty well (i plan to major in music education,) and i do a little graphic design and a lot of photography (does nto reflect in below images which i tooka couple minutes ago LMFAO)

anyways, here are some pics of peter!! he doesnt like to stay still haha
    http://imgur.com/a/6B3js
    Hello and welcome..happy thanksgiving if you're in America..and if not..please dknt bake a parrot..LOL..jk..

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Hi Eileen and Welcome . We are glad to have you join us!!!

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Hi Eileen and Peter and welcome!!! I don't have any experience with African Grey's but am quite enamored with them. Can't wait to read all about the two of you!!
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Hello Eileen and we are happy you've joined us. I used to have a Timmie and love greys in general. My best advice to you is to try and start over with Peter. He will appreciate your soft words, gentleness and nurturing. Try not to move quickly around him, including your hands. Make sure not to put anything new in his cage until he is used to it. As you most likely know greys are easily frightened by something or someone new in the environment. Is he flighted? What is his diet? I would not get a new bird until Peter is totally comfortable and used to you. Best of luck and please feel free to ask any question.

Welcome Eileen and Peter!!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi Eileen
    Does Peter like it when you play the clarinet? I can imagine him standing on the end whilst you are trying to play, with him pressing the levers and changing the notes.
    Casper's appreciation of jazz clarinet has got as far as mimicking middle C and that's it.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Eileen and Peter!

Thank you for joining P.P. and showing us pics of Peter. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your other Gray. Have you had parrots in your family for a long time? How cool that your Grandmom has parrots and such a variety too!
    We have only one bird since our little budgie passed about three years ago. We had him before we got our current parrot. Sometimes I want to get another for company for Lady but I just haven't decided what type or when, we'll see.
    Looking forward to learning more about you and Peter.