User Tag List

Thread: Glues

Glues

I was thinking of using carpenter's wood glue to attach tree limbs to make a playstand and t-swing is it safe to use?

What glues are safe for birds?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I have seen this question on other bird forums and the answers were to use the glue away from the birds or in a work shop. No glue is safe to use around birds that I know of.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I use ProLoc 247. Its a solvent free polyurethane heavy duty adhesive. Does contain Diphenylmethane 4,4-diisocyanate which is a foaming agent and presumably evaporates off in the curing process. So use it somewhere else (away from parrots), preferably well ventilated for your own benefit. Clean off any excess glue so that it should be safe between the two things you are sticking together which are unlikely to come apart.
    www.prolocmarine.com and info@prolocmarine.com
    Expensive for a reason.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

Merrick (11-24-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    I use ProLoc 247. Its a solvent free polyurethane heavy duty adhesive. Does contain Diphenylmethane 4,4-diisocyanate which is a foaming agent and presumably evaporates off in the curing process. So use it somewhere else (away from parrots), preferably well ventilated for your own benefit. Clean off any excess glue so that it should be safe between the two things you are sticking together which are unlikely to come apart.
    www.prolocmarine.com and info@prolocmarine.com
    Expensive for a reason.
    Thanks