User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for Members that Breed Birds

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    About an inch or two,depending on the box size.The most important thing is the bird is able to hold onto a perch as opposed to keeping the feet flat....which causes the legs to naturally spread and essentially develope incorrectly.
    "Ivo"

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Thanks again.

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    I put a little of that Rubbermaid shelf liner in the breeder box with some cotton balls seems to work great on the babies as they grow! Gives them something to grip...

4. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (11-12-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    What does the shelf liner look like? What ever you did it worked!! Your babies are fabulous .

6. The following user likes this post:

wingman (11-12-2015)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    It is in a roll and made of nonslip material tiny little holes . you line drawers or kitchen shelves with it and it can be cut with scissors to fit the area. You can find it at Kmart in the housewares!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Is this it? http://www.amazon.com/Non-Skid-Cabin.../dp/B00IXYIWC8 I would be concerned that little toes would get caught in the weave.

Parrots

That's it but cheaper when called shelf liner at Kmart! I have had no problems with it . Helps them from getting splay legs, I suppose for the chicks it helps them get used to grasping with tiny feet....if you look at the latest pics I posted of the babies they are on it in the temp box I use while cleaning the breeder box...
    Last edited by wingman; 11-12-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Nobility Member

Parrots

I will remember your hint. Thanks. So you are handling the babies with no problems. That is not the advice I got from Cedar Dave. There are different ways of doing breeding/raising babies I guess.

Parrots

When I clean the breeder box Rio is right there watching she does not seem to mind as long as she can see the babies.

12. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (11-13-2015)