User Tag List

Thread: mini macaws?

mini macaws?

I was wondering that which mini macaw talked the best and which is the quietest,macaw lovers please help?
    Last edited by Cpara; 10-29-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Cindy,
    I can only speak about my own Illiger Macaw. She has a small vocabulary and is pretty quiet most of the time, but as you probably know, each bird is unique and has their own personality. I have read that the Hahn's is the friendliest of the mini's but again it depends on many factors.

Have you ever got bitten by her?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    HAHAHA all the time! But I try to avoid it as it surely hurts. She doesn't draw blood but leaves a heck of a impression.

I agree with Illigers and Red Fronts can be up there too but keep in mind, the Red Fronts seem to be a ball of energy and there is never a guarantee of how much an individual bird will talk.

I have a Greenwing that used to say a heck of a lot of words but many years ago just sort of stopped talking. Now for some reason, she has started back up with a few of her words and now the screams. Tends to scream more when the other 2 are making their racket but hers seems to be a higher pitch.

Another of my Macaws, I only have the large ones, no minis, is more of a closet talker with only a few words. Then there is my other little girl. She tends to say the same word over and over and over and several times more overs but she is just so adorable.

If you get a bird, focus more on the personality and think of talking a special extra and you won't be disappointed then.

6. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (10-31-2015)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    We have a hahns and shes relatively quiet especially compared to oir big ones.We had a severe some time ago that had a good vocabulary and was very loud when she wanted to be.
    "Ivo"