User Tag List

Thread: Is any body ocd like me about cages?

Parrots

Sun Conure Greenwing Macaw Blue Front Amazon Jardine Hawk head

Is any body ocd like me about cages?

All my cages for same size birds have to be the same color and design. For example my medium sized birds all have the same cage because it suits their size and needs. but for my macaw she has a much larger totally different cage but if I had another macaw or similar sized bird as the macaw the cage would have to be the same cage as the macaw is in design and color. Any one else got this issue or do this? I got problems when it comes to matching I know lol.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Since I only have one cage I cannot compare to your situation. But I keep the cage totally clean as Linnies have huge poopies. They are little but really make big messes. I change the newspaper several times a day. Is this OCD?

3. The following user likes this post:

tropics1989 (11-01-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I to can not compare as I only have one cage and one bird. I don't know if wanting a good cage that suits the needs of your birds and you is ocd. I think its smart and if it works well even smarter!

5. The following user likes this post:

tropics1989 (11-01-2015)

I have 3 Expandable Habitats cages but not because they all match, it is due to the quality of the cages itself.

I bought Jody's in '94 and it is stainless steel. When I was going to be adding another little birdie, I was so happy with the quality I did not even go window shopping to see if there was something else out there even better, I was that satisfied and I am one who always has to go around comparing, get my info, then make my decisions.

When I had started looking for a 3rd little one to add I came across an ad for a used Expandable Habitats cage but this one was much larger than the other two. I told the lady I would buy it, sight unseen, as I knew they are built like brick poop houses and there would be nothing wrong with it. I flew down to Florida, rented a mini van and brought it home.

When I actually did get my 3rd bird, that cage came with him and it was my intention to get him back in it after quarantine and all, (I had my spare cage set up and the quarantine area ready when I walked in the door with Donovan) but due to a few things, he has just remained in that cage. Besides, those cages have a roll of paper you just pull through whereas the Animal Environments cage I would have to be dealing with having enough paper on hand to change, deal with pulling those cage pans out to change and would not be as easy as the EH cages are. Less work is the way to go for me and so this cage is just hanging around IF I should ever find myself in a situation where I need a cage. Now if I ever came across another used EH cage I would buy it and then sell the AE cage, I so much more prefer the quality of the cage, not what it looks like.

Parrots

Lol no it's cleanliness! Hehe. A lot of people think of bird people as crazy or dirty but it's so not true! With most.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Macaw Lover View Post
    I have 3 Expandable Habitats cages but not because they all match, it is due to the quality of the cages itself.

I bought Jody's in '94 and it is stainless steel. When I was going to be adding another little birdie, I was so happy with the quality I did not even go window shopping to see if there was something else out there even better, I was that satisfied and I am one who always has to around comparing, get my info, then make my decisions.

When I had started looking for a 3rd little one to add I came across an ad for a used Expandable Habitats cage but this one was much larger than the other two. I told the lady I would buy it, sight unseen, as I knew they are built like brick poop houses and there would be nothing wrong with it. I flew down to Florida, rented a mini van and brought it home.

When I actually did get my 3rd bird, that cage came with him and it was my intention to get him back in it after quarantine and all, (I had my spare cage set up and the quarantine area ready when I walked in the door with Donovan) but due to a few things, he has just remained in that cage. Besides, those cages have a roll of paper you just pull through whereas the Animal Environments cage I would have to be dealing with having enough paper on hand to change, deal with pulling those cage pans out to change and would not be as easy as the EH cages are. Less work is the way to go for me and so this cage is just hanging around IF I should ever find myself in a situation where I need a cage. Now if I ever came across another used EH cage I would buy it and then sell the AE cage, I so much more prefer the quality of the cage, not what it looks like.
    Stainless steel cages are very expensive and super nice. I get what suits my birds to. It just so happened to be a play top type cage for the 3 - HH, Jardines, BF Amazon. All of 3 basically the same size. All 3 love the bowls on top, the perch on top, and i put swings hanging off the perch side then they can walk on top to. They just love it! So its perfect. And its perfect for me because it all matches lol since they the 3 are all in the same room next to one another.
    Last edited by tropics1989; 11-01-2015 at 09:25 PM. Reason: spelling error

Parrots

1 Male Pacific Parrotlet Named: Tico 1 Female Rose Crown Conure Named: Zoey 1 Female Cobalt Lineolated Parakeet Named: Lilo 1 Female Creamino Lineolated Parakeet Named: Belle
    I get what you are saying and I would have to agree to a degree. The reason I say this is.. all my cages are the A and E ones. I have the boxy flight single and the double stack. I love them... Those are the same platinum colour. However I also have a victorian if I hadn't really needed something I would have ordered and waited but that one is in Black. I love the cage I am not a fan of the dark colour but I needed something quick, it was a really good price and a brand I like.

Thanks Mr. Peepers (siggy)
    Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000​

Parrots

Kiwi-Hahns Macaw
    Oh my goodness! YESSSS!!!
    Please note the rest is just a rant of my own experience. I'm sure there are companies that have higher standards and to which this will not pertain:
    ...and since most the manufactures are in China it's hard to find the same design and color. The lack of quality makes just one cage non-symmetrical so trying to get more than one to line up is impossible!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    You might be a bit OCD but parrots never are.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom