User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Natural tree limb perches/toys

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Wow! Beautiful tree . Is the wood hard and dense or is it on the softer side?
    Depends on the part of the tree mostly pretty flexible and soft but the branches can be stiff and hard , brittle, or flexible like the trunk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only one I finished that was any good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (10-10-2015), Lady (10-12-2015), Mare (10-11-2015)

For anyone not too handy (still need a drill and screwdriver) EH makes a perch holder that has a bracket the perch would lay on and you drill holes for 2 screws. That bracket then attaches to the side of the cage with a flat piece of stainless steel and nut and wing nut I think it was. This is easier than using one of those squares like shown in the picture whose threads go one way into the wood and the other way where you put your nut on.

http://www.expandablehabitats.com/smperch.htm

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (10-11-2015), spiritbird (10-11-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh I've just been cleaning up after my hubby had to trim our Crepe Myrtle. I have some branches that look like they will be good to add to Lady's cage. Maybe some for perching and some for just chewing on. It is to hot to bake them this week but I have them drying in the sun till I can. Just have to get the ss hardware.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-16-2016), Dragonlady2 (08-15-2016)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Sounds great! You will have to share pics when all done.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

9. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-17-2016)