User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural tree limb perches/toys

Natural tree limb perches/toys

Just baked some Ficus limbs. Going to be finished when i get some wing nuts and other hardware from the store
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0785.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	3298Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0786.jpg 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	3299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0787.jpg 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	3297

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-06-2015), kendrafitz (10-06-2015), Lady (10-06-2015), lolsavannahh (08-17-2016), Mare (10-09-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Very nice. Saves money too. Make sure and get stainless hardware. I am so non handy.

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Very nice. Saves money too. Make sure and get stainless hardware. I am so non handy.
    I will be sure to get stainless steel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-09-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Good for you! They are beautiful! I'm so stoked to see someone else making natural perches! I've no idea what a ficus is but I've been making oak and manzanita perches for a while now. My birds love them and I've sold them to other bird people over the years. Good job!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Mare I thought Oak was on the no no list for wood to have around parrots. http://www.mdvaden.com/bird_page.shtml

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-09-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Wow, that is an in depth list, Dianne! All I know is Amigo's tree didn't get this way from a lightning strike and he's STILL chewing away

Oak definitely hasn't bothered my cockatoos. I've been using oak since before I knew there was a list . I'm not saying oak is good for every bird but mine are doing ok with it.

11. The following user likes this post:

Lady (10-09-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Love it when I get a link to read and bookmark Dianne!

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Wow, that is an in depth list, Dianne! All I know is Amigo's tree didn't get this way from a lightning strike and he's STILL chewing away

Oak definitely hasn't bothered my cockatoos. I've been using oak since before I knew there was a list . I'm not saying oak is good for every bird but mine are doing ok with it.
    Some oaks are better then others

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-10-2015)

Natural tree limb perches/toys

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Good for you! They are beautiful! I'm so stoked to see someone else making natural perches! I've no idea what a ficus is but I've been making oak and manzanita perches for a while now. My birds love them and I've sold them to other bird people over the years. Good job!
    Fiscus is like a fig. A well known species of fiscus is the Banyan tree they are really common in south Florida. The banyan tree are the trees were some roots grow off of the branches it is really cool to see a big one because it is like a miny tree fort

Last edited by Merrick; 10-10-2015 at 11:50 AM.

16. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (10-12-2015), Mare (10-10-2015), Quakerella (10-25-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Wow! Beautiful tree . Is the wood hard and dense or is it on the softer side?