User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Day Here

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

Happy Day Here

I took Kobe into the bathroom to perch as usual. Only this time I held him up high on my finger and he flew across the room to cage top. I am convinced he did not know he could fly again until he was high up. Poor Tango has not even lost those old cut flights.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (09-28-2015), Mare (10-02-2015), wingman (09-29-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Excellent news!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (10-02-2015), spiritbird (09-28-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    He is so used to being on the floor now its the first place he goes. Of course he also knows that Tango is on the floor and he needs to be with her at all times to protect her from harm. Had him out today, stupid me they had blueberries and pomegranate seeds for breakfast. Guess what my carpet looked like!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (09-28-2015), Mare (10-02-2015), wingman (09-29-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Oh no!! Gotta love the dark poop.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Aaargh, I told you not to buy a cream carpet!
    Good news on the flying though.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Aww, it's so cute that he goes wherever she's at. Maybe seeing him fly will remind her to keep trying and before you know it they will be zooming over your head!
    Guess you have a red and blue speckled carpet, hope it doesn't stain.

12. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (09-29-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Got the spots up right away. They were dark purple.

Nobility Member

Parrots

I really enjoy watching the dynamics between Tango and Kobe. They just do not want to be apart under any circumstances. Kobe flies out of the cage now when I open the door. Tango still has no new flight feathers but she tried to follow him and sadly falls to the floor. Kobe sees this so he flies to the floor next to her. Yesterday Kobe climbed up a lounge chair, I guess showing Tango how to do this. She then followed him. They both sat on the arm of the chair for a while. So even though Kobe has full flight ability back he does not leave her side. Are there humans with this kind of devotion?

15. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-02-2015)

Parrots

Tika (U2) Amanda (U2) Jalepeno (Parrotlet) Whitey (E. Budgie) Ashley (A. Budgie) Jazmalina (A. budgie) Many others at the rainbow bridge.
    I hope not. I love my wife but I also need my own space.

On a side note. That devotion you are witnessing is exactly why "we" don't make very good flock members (especially with the big birds and even more so with a solitary bird). They want and need their flocks around them 24/7/365. If they don't get it, another one of those "stresses" gets added to the bird's life.

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (10-02-2015), spiritbird (10-03-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I love that Tango and Kobe are so "tight". Tango is a lucky girl to have her knight to protect her

John, you are so right on. I found with my birds (and I can't be with them 24/7), having other birds in the same room with them, even though not the same species, makes them happier than being by themselves, less stressed.

19. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (10-03-2015)