User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-bird food..I've made recently..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    You all have such energy. Love all these ideas. When I was in the south for a business trip a few years ago I fell in love with two food items. It is common for southerners to put home made barbeque sauce and Cole slaw on hamburgers. It taste so good. I am picky about Cole slaw though. The other item is southern cooked chicken and dumplings. The dumplings are flat and delicious.

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-23-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoo mom View Post
    Tonight I am going to make chicken Dijon pot pie. You cook the chicken and veggies in the crock pot then thicken it pour it into a large baking dish (13 x 9) and cool. Cover it with a puff pastry crust and bake until crust is fully cooked. It is yummy.

Forgot to mention it has white wine and lots of Dijon mustard.
    YUMMM.. This sounds Delish! I have a recipe for chicken thigh/Dijon/maple syrup and bake, no crust/recipe!

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    What about a pie crust recipe? Who has one to share

5. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-23-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    PeachyDoll, I have saved your potsticker dipping sauce recipe and will definitely try it! Mine is similar but I always just eyeball the measurements and I also add some brown sugar and sesame seeds.

I make an oil crust for my pies.

2 cups flour
    1 1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
    5 Tblsp. cold water

Roll out between two sheets of wax paper. I put flour and salt in a bowl, mix. Pour 1/2 cup PLUS around 1/8 inch above line, of the oil. Add the cold water on top of the oil, DONT MIX. I also add an extra 1/2 Tblsp of water. Pour oil and cold water on top of flour and bring together. I add the little extra oil and water because it was always coming out too dry, this fixed it

I'd love to see other's recipes, too!

7. The following 2 users like this post:

PeachyDoll (09-24-2015), spiritbird (09-24-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Gee, I don't really have a any recipes, other than the traditional holiday meals. I tend to rely on the spices I have on hand and the meat and veggies I purchase that week.

If I am looking for something new I go to the internet.

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-24-2015)

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    Tonight I made Johnsville's Italian sausage on the BBQ. Then I tented the sausage and let it rest for 10 minutes to redistribute the juices. While that was going I halved and sliced a white onion in some canola oil and sauteed a yellow, red and orange pepper all in one pan, I let the onion soften for about 5 minutes on medium and then added the peppers. I added chili powder and lime juice as it cooked down I added more water as needed so they wouldn't burn probably 25 minutes reducing/cooking. As that finished I sliced the sausage, I know it sounds so strange but we made Italian sausage wraps/soft tacos. Sprinkled with Frank's Red Hot sauce. Yummy. Hubby had seconds and everything was gone. I've also made the same thing with noodles, the carmelization of the onion and peppers brings out their sweetness and added a little water and chicken stock paste and scraping the brown bits off the pan makes a brown sauce. I'll add that over rigatoni and a chiffonade half a package of fresh basil right at the end.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (09-24-2015), Mare (09-25-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Yummy, love Sausage, Peppers and Onions! It's one of our favorites. I take out the peppers but everyone else loves them. We put it on a hoagie roll, but a wrap sounds really good!!
    Rosie & Kendra

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (09-25-2015), PeachyDoll (09-25-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Sausage, peppers and onions are a great combo. I also enjoy it over rice .

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (09-25-2015), PeachyDoll (09-25-2015)

Parrots

Oh Mare damn that Pitnerest! I'm happily pinning away detox water and fitness stuff then came across salted caramel cheesecake bars.

17. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-25-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PeachyDoll View Post
    Oh Mare damn that Pitnerest! I'm happily pinning away detox water and fitness stuff then came across salted caramel cheesecake bars.

Seriously..dangerous site!