User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-bird food..I've made recently..

Tonight I am going to make chicken Dijon pot pie. You cook the chicken and veggies in the crock pot then thicken it pour it into a large baking dish (13 x 9) and cool. Cover it with a puff pastry crust and bake until crust is fully cooked. It is yummy.

Forgot to mention it has white wine and lots of Dijon mustard.
    Last edited by Zoo mom; 09-22-2015 at 03:02 PM.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (09-22-2015), Mare (09-22-2015)

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    That sounds good zoomom. Do you make your own crust?

I make a salad dressing with dijon.

I will make Thai beef with basil for lunch. It is my favorite thing that I make. Thank you Allrecipes!

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-22-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh having a recipe thread is a wonderful idea! I like to cook and often go to different sites for ideas.

I need to plan my meals or when I go food shopping I end up not having an ingredient and get frustrated. Sometimes I make it up by using what I have on hand. Sometimes I forget what recipe I bought a certain bottle of something for and have way to many bookmarks to figure it out.

Does anyone use an electric pressure cooker? I brought one because I enjoyed canning some years back but I don't get enough use out of it and would like to.

I also enjoy using a crockpot and own at least two of them.

Just last week I updated my toaster oven to a convection oven. Seems the only difference I see is that it can be used as a rotisserie, but it is taller and I can use two shelves as opposed to the single shelf in the toaster oven.

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-22-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by PeachyDoll View Post
    That sounds good zoomom. Do you make your own crust?

I make a salad dressing with dijon.

I will make Thai beef with basil for lunch. It is my favorite thing that I make. Thank you Allrecipes!

No I buy a puff pastry crust. It is kind of like fillo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    That's awesome you are a chef, Birdbabe! Do you enjoy it? I love to cook, I watch cooking channels and always thought if I had it to do over again..would go to culinary school.

My husband was visiting a bachelor friend of his, a while back, and was complaining, to him, about me watching a lot of cooking channel. His friend asks, "well, does she cook?", hubs says, "yes, she's a wonderful cook", friends says.."then what the f**k are you complaining about?!" Friend was making a PB&J at the time.. True story, Tim related it to me and has never complained since

Ok, so Birdbabe, what do you love to make..your favorite dish to make and eat?
    Anything Asian, Mediterranean, Italian, my specialty's. Good smokey rubs for meats too. Soups? Oh yeah! I've got a kick@$$ flourless chocolate cake recipe from the french restaurant I worked at a very long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Learned alot from that little place... Darn, now I gotta go make some Pasta Fajoli.....

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-22-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Whoohoo! Sounds like we have a recipe thread!! . There is such a whole 'nother world out there that a lot of us enjoy or can enjoy, let's continue! .

Birdbabe, I will refer to you and others for any advice or ideas I need, for sure!!
    Last edited by Mare; 09-23-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I find many of my recipes off of Pinterest, this one by Martha Stewart..caramel..killer caramel, I might add

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Yummm, just in time to dip the apples in that Kendra picked, if she has any left from baking pies~

13. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (09-23-2015), Mare (09-23-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I just pulled an apple pie from the oven, my son brought in some apples from a tree in his girlfriends yard. Kendra, I would love to see pics of your pies! Apple pie's my favorite . Sadly, my son is taking it back for him and his girlfriend to enjoy

15. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (09-23-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Alice & Mare - I certainly do have enough apples...ended up with 40 plus pounds. We got carried away picking. More tgan happy to share!! I will take a pic of the next pie. The one from last night is almost gone. I use my Grandma's recipe.

I hope your son and his girlfriend enjoy the pie Mare!
    Rosie & Kendra

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-23-2015), Mare (09-23-2015)