User Tag List

Thread: Making toys and perches

Hybrid View

Parrots

White bellied caique named Meiko :)

Making toys and perches

Has anybody made their own wood perches? I'm having trouble installing the hardware. I'm not very tool savvy, so any help would be awesome! Haha I'm not fortunate enough to have a man in my life and I've been watching YouTube videos but I'm still confused.

On another note though, I've been making TONS of toys! Haha My caique baby is going to be SO spoiled!!!!! I don't want to put too many toys in the cage, but I have bags full of toys I've made. I discovered the dollar store and went crazy!! Hah I'll post some pics of the toys I've made so far later.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (05-09-2013), Kalidasa (05-09-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    You can use a screw gun and put the hardware in the screw gun and then screw the hardware in the perch like a normal screw, predrill a hole first Alittle smaller then the hardware, then screw away!

Parrots

What's a screw gun? So, I'd need a drill and a screw gun? I have the hardware, but I need tools.

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Screw guns-dangerous! Ever see the movie Lethal Weapon 2 w/ Mel Gibson? That is a screw gun he gets hit in the shoulder with. http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...searchNav=true
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

6. The following user likes this post:

Kalidasa (05-09-2013)

Parrots

1green cheek conure (Nika) 2 budgies (gadget and Diego)
    Mine has a ton of toys also. I do toy rotations weekly to keep things interesting.
    They are fun to make and fun to find aren't they?

Parrots

All my friends have been calling me crazy/obsessed and I don't care. Haha it's fun!!! He's already SOOO spoiled

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    I think a drill would be just as easy to use and you just need one that is powerful enough, you put the Harare tight in the chuck predrill a hole in perch and drill the hardware into the perch, easy as one two three, this is how I do all my perches!

O and be safe and wear the correct equipment like goggles and so on so it isn't dangerous and never drill anyone's shoulder or they will be like Mel Gibson!

Parrots

Haha Thanks y'all, I think I'll figure it out. If not, I'll let y'all know which hospital I'm in :P

the screw gun and then screw the hardware in the perch like a normal screw, predrill a hole first Alittle smaller then the hardware