User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about "new post quotes"

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Question about "new post quotes"

Hi! Recently I've been receiving Notifications from peeps that are using my quotes for something..?.. Maybe I'm out of the loop or behind the times,,what's up with "new post quotes"? Thanks

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Hi! Recently I've been receiving Notifications from peeps that are using my quotes for something..?.. Maybe I'm out of the loop or behind the times,,what's up with "new post quotes"? Thanks
    Hi Mare... I've added a user tagging / notification system to PP. It has 3 main functions. First, it will allow mentions via the @ symbol (similar to FB and twitter). Next, it provides the ability to group posts by hash tag references. The hash tags that are created can be subscribed to by our members (also similar to the major social networking sites). And finally, it facilitates notification alerts to our members each time someone quotes them in a post. So for example, I've just quoted your initial post in this thread. My doing so has triggered an automatic alert to you that you've been quoted by me. You can turn off the alerts (if you like) by going to the bottom of your settings page.... at the User Tagging section on the left-hand menu bar, click on the Settings link. The default status for all tagging notifications is on... but you can toggle each one off individually on that screen.

Hope this helps
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I turned off the alerts, at least I thought I did. Still getting them. Don't want them.

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-22-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm with you, Dianne..too weird for me, I don't like it. I will try and turn it off. Thanks for the info, Tony!

6. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (08-22-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    I turned off the alerts, at least I thought I did. Still getting them. Don't want them.
    Which type of alerts are you still getting, Dianne? And which of the boxes did you check mark?

Below are the check box titles to disable email notifications:

Disable Mention Emails

Disable Thread Tag Emails

Disable Quote Emails

Disable Hash Tag Subscription Emails

And as for the notification alerts you receive while you're logged in (i.e., the ones that highlight the word "notifications" in black at the upper right-hand corner of your screen), the check box titles for disabling those are as follows:

Hide Mention Alerts

Hide Tag Alerts

Hide Quote Alerts

Hide Hash Alerts

Did you put a check mark in each of those boxes?

EDIT: Oh, and I forget to mention... you have to click on Save Changes after ticking the boxes, too

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I just did what Nick said. I really do not know which specific one. Sorry. I just like it the way it was. Simple.

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    I just did what Nick said. I really do not know which specific one. Sorry. I just like it the way it was. Simple.
    I understand wanting it to be simple. If you tell me which alerts you don't want to receive, I can tell you exactly which boxes to place a check mark in and save . And BTW, Nick is the one who recommended this modification to me . It seems we have a group of members who like the mod and another group who do not

Parrots

1 Male Pacific Parrotlet Named: Tico 1 Female Rose Crown Conure Named: Zoey 1 Female Cobalt Lineolated Parakeet Named: Lilo 1 Female Creamino Lineolated Parakeet Named: Belle
    I like knowing if people have mentioned me or commented using alerts.

Thanks Mr. Peepers (siggy)
    Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000​

11. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-23-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by colbon2 View Post
    I like knowing if people have mentioned me or commented using alerts.
    Well, Nikki, the mod definitely has its benefits. It starts out with everything enabled and lets each member disable as many of the alerts as they wish. I think it may be a matter of everyone realizing how to do that, though. I can certainly understand how it must be for those who may have felt content with things as they were... and then suddenly found themselves bombarded with alert messages everywhere. That could be quite irritating in some cases . We simply need to get everyone familiar with how to customize their alert settings

Thanks for sharing your opinion

13. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-23-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

The one I am used to is @spiritbird. The rest no thanks.