User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hash tag inclusion

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

hash tag inclusion

#announce

Some helpful guidelines for those who wish to use hash tags...

1. If you are using a custom font, you must be certain that the 'Switch Editor to Source Mode' button on the editor toolbar (extreme top left) has not been pressed. If the button is highlighted, you'll need to click it to turn off source mode. If you don't do this the '# TAG' tool button will do nothing when clicked.

2. If you are using a custom font, do not place a hash tag at the end of your message! Doing so will confuse the parser by making it think that your hash tag is the only text within your message and you will most likely receive a "your message is too short" error. With custom font formatting enabled, you may however place your hash tags at the beginning of, or anywhere within your paragraphs. This should allow your messages to post normally and result in activation of your hash tags.

3. For those members using default text mode (i.e., no custom fonts), hash tags should simply work. If they don't, please let me know and describe the circumstances.

Note:
    There may be other quirks and practices relevant to hash tag posting which we have yet to learn. As I've stated before, we can learn such things together

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary

3. The following user likes this post:

plax (08-19-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    #plax ,

Humm, so under the miscellaneous options in the general settings is it best to have the dot at basic or standard rather that Enhanced? Or doesn't that matter.....

Looks like I need more practice~

After editing this post many times, I think I got it!
    Last edited by Lady; 08-19-2015 at 08:45 PM. Reason: practice

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    #plax ,

Humm, so under the miscellaneous options in the general settings is it best to have the dot at basic or standard rather that Enhanced? Or doesn't that matter.....

Looks like I need more practice~

After editing this post many times, I think I got it!
    Your options as far as which editor to use are really a matter of personal preference. Sometimes the best thing to do is experiment with each of them
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-21-2015)

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    #amigo

because he deserves his own

8. The following 3 users like this post:

luckyandjenn (10-01-2016), Mr Peepers (08-20-2015), plax (08-20-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Boy we hardly use all these wonderful short cuts much these days. I still like to use the mention button, but I wasn't very good at the hash tag thing .

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-07-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-07-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Boy we hardly use all these wonderful short cuts much these days. I still like to use the mention button, but I wasn't very good at the hash tag thing .
    Well, I'd be willing to bet that you're better at using both of those features now than I am, Alice. I almost never use them anymore ... so you've undoubtedly had more recent practice
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

12. The following user likes this post:

Lady (05-07-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well I think maybe I'll tag some of our more seasoned members to see if it spikes an interest.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-07-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-07-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Well you have spiked my interest, but I just had a "duh" moment. Got to figure this out again.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (05-07-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-07-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

#Dragonlady2 ,
    I hear ya! I have to keep trying to figure it out till I can remember how.... when I do get it right!

18. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (05-07-2017)