User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new editor buttons - including hash tag workaround for members using custom fonts

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    When my cursor is hovering over the first box it says switch to WYSIWYG Mode.....so am I already in source mode?

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    When my cursor is hovering over the first box it says switch to WYSIWYG Mode.....so am I already in source mode?
    No, you are not. If you were it would say "Switch Editor to Source Mode". Click it once and the highlighting on the button will turn from blue to white. That should fix your issue.

EDIT:
    There I go confusing the issue by telling you that your correct statement isn't correct, @Lady. I apologize. I've had my mind on other things here for the past few days. If I would have answered you correctly, my answer would have been: Yes, if the balloon tip for the button says "Switch Editor to WYSIWYG Mode" then you ARE in source mode - but I had a major brain fade on that one . So for the # TAG tool button to work you have to be in WYSIWYG mode instead.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well you sure know your stuff so I'm sure it will work now.

#PlaxMacaws

Super Moderator

Parrots

Good grief........I'm have much practice to do #gripe

Super Moderator

Parrots

lol............ #ugh

Okay now I'm wasting post time. I'll try again after I reread and maybe go to the test threads

6. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (06-06-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Good grief........I'm have much practice to do #gripe
    Alice: 1) Remove the highlight from the A/A tool button (so it says "Switch Editor to Source Mode"), 2) type your tag word and then drag a highlight across it, 3) click the # TAG tool button one time (your highlight will vanish), 4) hit the submit post button. Tell me how that works for you

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Well, I tried it several times and ways. I am going to give after this last try:

#hashtaghater​hashtaghater​
    Rosie & Kendra

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Well, I tried it several times and ways. I am going to give after this last try:

Yeah, I don't blame you. It's certainly not a requirement that you use hash tags within your posts, Kendra But I do wonder why they aren't working for you. If they're not working for you on your computer, there has to be a step you're either missing or misinterpreting. My guess is that you missed the following warning from my original post:

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    Note: Add your hash tags at the head of your message body (as I've done on this post), not at the end! Those members not using custom fonts need only type their hash tag names to make them active within submitted posts - there is no need for them to use the toolbar button.
    You can actually embed the tags into your text as well. They just can be at the end.

But oh well . Thanks for trying

10. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (06-06-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Tony, I will try again when I go upstairs. Rosie is napping in my room and I don't want to disturb her. She had her shower which generally relaxes her a bit and I think may make her a little sleepy. Disturbing the sleepy queen could result in her yelling her unhappiness with me very loudly. I try to avoid that if at all possible.

I originally tried with it in mid post. But I forgot this time, so that may be the issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

Administrator

Parrots

Tony, I will try again when I go upstairs. Rosie is napping in my room and I don't want to disturb her. She had her shower which generally relaxes her a bit and I think may make her a little sleepy. Disturbing the sleepy queen could result in her yelling her unhappiness with me very loudly. I try to avoid that if at all possible.
    Fully understandable! It's not a biggy, though. I won't lose any sleep if you want to drop it

I originally tried with it in mid post. But I forgot this time, so that may be the issue.
    Could be