User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Linnie!

Parrots

1 Male Pacific Parrotlet Named: Tico 1 Female Rose Crown Conure Named: Zoey 1 Female Cobalt Lineolated Parakeet Named: Lilo 1 Female Creamino Lineolated Parakeet Named: Belle

New Linnie!

New Linnie! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	3177Click image for larger version. 

Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	3178Click image for larger version. 

Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	3179Click image for larger version. 

Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	3180Click image for larger version. 

Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	3181

So for names I am thinking.... Belle, stitch, Nani or maybe Nala.

Thanks Mr. Peepers (siggy)
    Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000​

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Mare (08-17-2015), Mr Peepers (08-16-2015), PeachyDoll (08-16-2015), spiritbird (08-16-2015), Zoo mom (08-17-2015)

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    Beauty she is. So I vote for Belle. She looks like soft sunshine.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

colbon2 (08-16-2015), Mr Peepers (08-16-2015)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    Cute! She reminds me of those peeps at Easter!!!!

6. The following 4 users like this post:

colbon2 (08-16-2015), Mr Peepers (08-16-2015), PeachyDoll (08-16-2015), spiritbird (08-16-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Is She creamino? I like Nala because it's different.

8. The following user likes this post:

PeachyDoll (08-16-2015)

Parrots

1 Male Pacific Parrotlet Named: Tico 1 Female Rose Crown Conure Named: Zoey 1 Female Cobalt Lineolated Parakeet Named: Lilo 1 Female Creamino Lineolated Parakeet Named: Belle
    Yes she is a Creamino. I got her at a bird show!

10. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-16-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Nana! because she looks like a soft inside of a banana. She's beautiful!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    How is she doing?

Parrots

So she is doing great I am at work currently, but yesterday evening and this morning she was eating her millet and her fresh veggies... Being me i am worried constantly as she was from a show she is very young.. she was hatched on July 7th, 2015 so she is only about 7 weeks she was parent raised though, which i have had confirmd from others is about right for a weaning baby, which others stated 7-8 weeks of a parent fed baby, however not so much for hand fed which was confirmed to be about 8-12 weeks... she is extremely tame and quiet which I am sure will change when she settles.. I have moved everything to the bottom of the cage as she can climb but she is still small and clumsy. I have little cat dishes for soft food I placed on the bottom of the cage for water and soft food she can get to and a whole spray millet. I confirmed with the breeder as she took food from the mom at the show she was eating on her own which he confirmed she was... I confimed with other breeders that the mother if she being a baby asked would have just fed her being a good mother, but so far she is eating happily on her own... she went back and forth between the millet and soft food all morning it was adorable to watch... I don't know how to hand feed and told the breeder that! he said if i had any concerns or noticed any change to contact him and he would take her back if more time is needed. He is also giving me formula just incase as he said she will eat it from a spoon and doesn't need to be syringe/ dropper fed. She was eating out of my hand yesterday and went straight to her dish when I placed fresh food in there this morning. She is perching really well and can climb up the little ladder I put up as she was having troube getting up on the low perch but does great with the ladder.

She is so sweet!!! I am in love...

oh and I won't forget to say she is in quarantine... she will remain there for 30-60days depending on how she developes and what my vet says. I have an appt with my vet this Friday afternoon @ 3:30pm I have all my birds vet checked within the first week of getting them
    Last edited by colbon2; 08-16-2015 at 08:08 PM.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (08-17-2015), Mr Peepers (08-16-2015)

Parrots

I should also explain by small I mean babyish she is a big girl I just think of her as being small. She was the biggest out of all her siblings.

oh and I also found out that because she is an ino (creamino) she is basically guaranteed to be a female because both her parents were turquoise... the Hen and the Cock. Apperantly she is sex linked or something I was reading it was hard to understand... but also used genetics calculator and asked my other linnie breeder, who also confirmed the same information! So I shouldn't have to DNA yay!
    Last edited by colbon2; 08-16-2015 at 08:14 PM.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (08-19-2015), Mr Peepers (08-16-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    YAY! I'm glad she's doing great. If she had her face in the soft food and is enjoying millet you may not need to feed her any formula, its really excellent the breeder offered to take her back if you need to give her additional feedings and its good you have formula for her.

I can't wait to see more pics of her. Lilo's going to be so happy with the little creamy coming to his life!