User Tag List

Thread: Trying to train my birds

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon

Trying to train my birds

I came across a series of videos and thought to myself maybe just maybe this would be a good tool to use in training the budgies and my lovebirds! I played it twice for them this morning at 20 min each session and they were all sitting on the perches listening like they were in birdie school! Here is the YouTube link please let me know what your thoughts are on this! I was thinking birds mimic after a while so it may help teach them? https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=GDEFuotBl6E

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    It might work for your birds, its hard to tell.

I only have the one budgie now but when he had a cage mate she learned the wolf whistle from me as I did this call often with SPX to play with him and keep his attention. SPX is a master of the wolf whistle and now uses it against me when he wants my attention... he can scream it out and will fly around the room getting noisier and louder while trying to either wake me or get me off the phone to talk with him.

Can you imagine a bunch of your birds all wolf whistling at you loudly? I would be using ear plugs in my ears daily!

3. The following user likes this post:

wingman (08-15-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well Charlie,

It's possible, but the only way to know is to give it a try. For Lady, she repeats what she likes, there are things I have said to her everyday of her life that I have never heard her speak. If she did I would .

5. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-15-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I checked and there are several whistling videos and I had no idea these existed. Thanks so much.