User Tag List

Thread: Test re Hash Tags

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary

Test re Hash Tags

Same message New thread.

Tony, I'm sending you this message and my text is blue.

But if I tag your name
    #plax and change the color of your name on the font here in the message to black and then send it would it make a difference, or would the hashtag work?

Last edited by Mr Peepers; 08-03-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Nick, the # tag worked. I'm unsure why. It seems intermittent at best as to whether it will work or not with pre-formatted text font. I also experienced an instance this morning in which an @ tag wouldn't activate within pre-formatted text. Usually that always works, though.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Odd, I didn't get a notification in my TAG's on my profile when I sent the hashtag I thought it was because I was using blue text even thought I changed the coloring to black on your name when I entered the message.

But I went to the top of the thread and entered your name under user tags I got a notification then. It's odd the way it works and doesn't sometimes.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
    Odd, I didn't get a notification in my TAG's on my profile when I sent the hashtag I thought it was because I was using blue text even thought I changed the coloring to black on your name when I entered the message.

But I went to the top of the thread and entered your name under user tags I got a notification then. It's odd the way it works and doesn't sometimes.
    Well, I'm not exactly sure how you did this -or that you were even aware you did it- but here's why the # tag worked:

But if I tag your name [/B][/COLOR][URL="http://www.preciselyparrots.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=plax"]#plax[/URL] [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]and change the color of your name on the font here in the message to black and then send it would it make a difference, or would the hashtag work?
    Your [/B][/COLOR] closing bbcode tags are positioned just prior to the # tag URL link. And then that's followed by a set of opening color and bold text tags (e.g., [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]). I bet that occurred inadvertently when you changed the text color to black and then back to blue. It resulted in the desired effect, but it's not a very easy thing for members to achieve

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    Well, I'm not exactly sure how you did this -or that you were even aware you did it- but here's why the # tag worked:

Your [/B][/COLOR] closing bbcode tags are positioned just prior to the # tag URL link. And then that's followed by a set of opening color and bold text tags (e.g., [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]). I bet that occurred inadvertently when you changed the text color to black and then back to blue. It resulted in the desired effect, but it's not a very easy thing for members to achieve

I hear ya.

I had to click on the color black over your name and the hashtag...... but it didn't activate when I posted the reply it turned everything to blue text.

I quickly clicked on edit and then switched the source mode so I could see the codes of the message, I changed the hashtag and your name to black and removed the bold text code and saved the message hoping it worked.

I know the members wouldn't be able to do these types of details as its not easy but I was curious to know if it would work.

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
    I hear ya.

I had to click on the color black over your name and the hashtag...... but it didn't activate when I posted the reply it turned everything to blue text.

I quickly clicked on edit and then switched the source mode so I could see the codes of the message, I changed the hashtag and your name to black and removed the bold text code and saved the message hoping it worked.

I know the members wouldn't be able to do these types of details as its not easy but I was curious to know if it would work.
    Yeah, editing the source code is the only sure way to un-nest a # tag from the bbcode that surrounds it. And that's what you did. But as you've suggested, our members shouldn't have to go into edit mode, much less into source edit mode, in order to make a # tag activate

7. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-03-2015)