User Tag List

Thread: Important information for members about user tagging...

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

Important information for members about user tagging...

The 'mention' tags, or @ tags, will not become active unless the tagged username is typed identically to its state within our member base list. This means that care must betaken to include any spaces where they exist in a username, and no other character that is not present in a username may be added to the tag (or it will be rendered inactive). For example, a period "." can not be appended to the end of an @ tag if it is not actually part of the username. Even if the tag is placed at the end of a sentence, leave any nonexistent punctuation off. As a specific example, if I type @Mr Peepers the tag should activate fine. Whereas if I type @Mr. Peepers it will not. I'm confident that we will all get used to the tagging system here together

EDIT:
    There is also a chance that an @ tag may not activate with a certain font color, size, and style enabled. This seems to be one of the drawbacks in allowing our members to select their own font formatting here

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (08-04-2015), Mr Peepers (08-03-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Any chance you can take a look at the add ons/plug ins for VB and see if it has a auto fill for members names when tagging?

So when I'm in a thread/post entering your name to a tag such has -> @pl ,it will open a pop up that gives me correct member name options. I can either click on plax or PlaxMacaws like the pic below.

If we have this option then people won't have to worry about typing a members name exactly correct as a viewer will give them a pop of the name they are trying to type.

@plax

#plax

More work for you, sorry.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    That's a good idea, Nick. I'll have a look. But if there is an auto-fill available for the message body, it could create other problems and inconveniences for our members. Auto-fills can become a bit of a nuisance when active within message text boxes and fields. We already have username auto-fill for PM addressing and other username related fields. But I'll check into one for the message body fields as well.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

5. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-03-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    That's a good idea, Nick. I'll have a look. But if there is an auto-fill available for the message body, it could create other problems and inconveniences for our members. Auto-fills can become a bit of a nuisance when active within message text boxes and fields. We already have username auto-fill for PM addressing and other username related fields. But I'll check into one for the message body fields as well.

If you can take a look that would be great, I know we had the name auto fill work for pm's and tagging on the other VB board I was on and we didn't have issues with it. So I will keep fingers crossed.