User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making Bird Toys

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Very nice ! They are colorful and look really intriguing and interesting. I like the foraging ball.

2. The following user likes this post:

colbon2 (08-07-2015)

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    Great job, they are fabulous!!

4. The following 3 users like this post:

colbon2 (08-07-2015), Lady (08-07-2015), Mr Peepers (08-07-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I really like them too~ You did a wonderful job and I'm sure they are going to have a good time with each and everyone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Love all the toys you make. Especially ones with long tails. What material are they made from?

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Nice toys!!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

1 Male Pacific Parrotlet Named: Tico 1 Female Rose Crown Conure Named: Zoey 1 Female Cobalt Lineolated Parakeet Named: Lilo 1 Female Creamino Lineolated Parakeet Named: Belle
    what materials are they all made from or a specific toy?

Thanks Mr. Peepers (siggy)
    Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000​

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well this isn't a toy I made but Lady decided that the paper egg carton that I placed on her playpen was safe. She really had a good time tearing it up. In the evening when I want her to stay occupied while I'm in the kitchen making dinner for the humans I sometimes drape a towel over the top perch and ladders of the play top to make a "tent" and she likes to get under it and play with her foot toys. This is where the egg carton is and she spent more than an hour between it and a few of her other toys. I was very happy to sit down with my hubby and enjoy a meal without hurrying so I could share some with her. She will often raise her voice when she knows dinner should be on the way as if to say.....I'm waiting for some.
    I'll see if I can get a pic of her tonight or sometime this weekend while there is still some of it left.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-22-2017), plax (04-22-2017), Quakerella (04-23-2017)

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    If your bird loves and lives to chew knots and rope, I use a metal ring on the bottom of a metal chain full of hardwood pieces separated by drilled through "doll heads" or big wooden beads. The other thing is buying cotton rope dog balls. The Shreveport Walmart sells them regularly for less than $1 each. I also hit the baby section of the Dollar Tree for hard plastic rings and baby puzzles. The ladies at our animal protection thrift store are always looking for bird toy parts for me.

- - - Updated - - -

If your bird loves and lives to chew knots and rope, I use a metal ring on the bottom of a metal chain full of hardwood pieces separated by drilled through "doll heads" or big wooden beads. The other thing is buying cotton rope dog balls. The Shreveport Walmart sells them regularly for less than $1 each. I also hit the baby section of the Dollar Tree for hard plastic rings and baby puzzles. The ladies at our animal protection thrift store are always looking for bird toy parts for me.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I hit the dollar store for items. My Australian king loves throwing measuring cups and spoons around.

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Just for your own information. I use lead testing strips to test bird toy parts, and some pet toys and baby toys from the dollar store test positive. Even though it may be a minute amount and unable to harm a baby, there may still be enough to harm a bird.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-09-2018), Lady (08-12-2018)