User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I didn't want to make this thread BUT... Mr Peeper's is no more.

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary

Unhappy I didn't want to make this thread BUT... Mr Peeper's is no more.

He came to me in October 2014 with multiple illnesses I hoped to get under control. I managed to get him cleaned up and mite free but he had fatty liver disease that I tried everything to reverse without much luck.

This canary was the most spunky crazy aggressive funny little bird I have ever had the pleasure knowing. He had the biggest personality I ever saw, he touched my heart and will be missed greatly.

He had a cute butt and I cannot lie.

He also had Q-tip leggings or pantaloons.

He was always wondering what I was doing with the small clicky light box in his face!

As the illness was taking over he became very itchy and would often rub his face on a pink mineral block.

I think he wanted to be a fashion model canary.

He was a large canary called an opal agate, he was so large he was almost the same size as SPX the budgie.

He was a beautiful bird with amazing colors and markings.

Fly High Mr Peepers.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Lady (08-01-2015), Maddy (08-02-2015), PeachyDoll (08-02-2015), Zoo mom (08-02-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Thinking back............ I realized Mr Peeper's did a bunch of things here he had never done in the the first 1 1/2 years of his life. Mr Peepers was removed from the home of a breeder who didn't care for his birds at all.

Mr Peepers never ate fresh fruits veggies eggs or a variety of good seeds or had a healthy diet.

That changed when he came here, I gave him so much fresh organic veggies to munch and he loved them! I sprouted varieties of seeds for him.

He never had medical care from an avian until he came here. The day I got him I didn't even go home with him right away, I went straight to my avian and got him checked over and started ivermectin treatments ASAP!

Mr Peepers had lived in a tiny show cage for a single budgie alone. The cage was filthy with one perch in it and a scummy looking water bottle. There were no toys, no cuttle bone, no mineral perch. He have never had a bath EVER.

Here he had a large clean cage with toys, perches a swing a cuttle bone and mineral block. He surprised me when he would touch or play with the toys, he would also play with toys in SPX's cage. Most canaries don't play with toys at all.

Daily I doted on him giving him attention by talking to him all the time, I made sure his cage was clean changing his water dish a couple of times a day (because canaries are MESSY!)

I made sure he had a bath tub of fresh water available for his many daily baths and he loved to bath! It was fun to watch him, he must have thought he was in heaven!

BATH TIME CLICK HERE!

He lived in a tiny shed/room with artificial light and no windows. Here he would land on a cabinet I have in front of the bay window in the den, he would stand in a pool of sunshine/light watching activity outside the window.

He never heard music at the breeders, here music plays all day in the den/bird room and he loved singing to the music I played.

At first when he came here he never sang, he couldn't sing he could hardly peep as he had such a horrible case of air sac mites that the illness was slowly suffocating him.

After he was air sac mite and feet and leg mite free he could sing and singing was something he did well he often amazed me with his trills and warbles.

SINGING MY BUTT OFF! CLICK HERE!

When my avian said he needed exercise and the exercise will help with his fatty liver disease I figured it was time for Mr Peepers to learn to fly.

There is about an 7 foot span from his cage across the room to SPX's cage this was a good place for him to fly back and forth from. I would place him and some favorite fresh food on top of SPX's cage. He understood this was where his fresh food was going to be now so he had to fly back to his own cage where he slept drank and bathed and ate his seeds.

At first he flew awkwardly back to his cage trying to figure out how to get from the top of his cage to the inside of his cage but he was smart and mastered that in no time.

In little over a week he mastered flying back and forth to SPX's cage to his own cage with such grace, he didn't fly fast he was careful and calculated but as he grew more assured he started coasting and gliding into his cage with ease while landing safely on a perch like he'd done this his entire life.

He loved flying and flew over to SPX's cage every day several times a day back and forth to help himself to SPX's fresh food and maybe find some stray seeds on the cage floor.

LEARNING TO FLY YAY! CLICK HERE!

He would amuse me by going to the bottom of SPX's cage hunting for stray seeds by hopping/crawling under the newspaper liner. He was quite the character.

I was happy to see him do so many things he never did in his lifetime while he had lived at the horrible breeders.

But then he would sing or fly around the room and hang out with SPX in the large flight cage "Peeping" noisily and I would I smile knowing he must have been truly happy for the first time in his life.

Sorry for the long rambling post.

4. The following 4 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-02-2015), Maddy (08-02-2015), PeachyDoll (08-02-2015), Zoo mom (08-02-2015)

Parrots

I had so much fun with Mr Peepers when I joined up on a couple of boards and shared his life with others.

Here's some funny Peepers pics I made for Season's avatars and a few signatures.

Peeps Birdy Bread

Peeps and the magic mushrooms

HaPEEPY Thanks Giving Peepers

Peep's laughing hysterically at the destruction of the borked nanner

Peep's pecking the borked nanner

Xmas Peeps av

Merry Xmas Peeps and SPX

HaPEEPy New Year Peeps and SPX

More Signature pics

Arrrr Matey, I'm a pirate Peeps.

6. The following 5 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-02-2015), Lady (08-01-2015), Maddy (08-02-2015), PeachyDoll (08-02-2015), Zoo mom (08-02-2015)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I'm truly sorry, Nick. The passing of Mr Peepers is so very sad. I can easily tell he was a special, cherished friend of yours. You obviously enriched his life beyond measure! He never would have experienced those joys and the love if not for you. It appears that the final 10 or 11 months of his life were wonderful... and that's what you gave to him

So now, it can be said that Mr Peepers has graduated into the ultimate zone of freedom and contentment
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Mr Peepers (08-01-2015), PeachyDoll (08-02-2015), Zoo mom (08-02-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    That was a lovely tribute to Peeps. I could feel your love and the joy you have for him. He truly will be missed but always in your heart.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Mr Peepers (08-01-2015), PeachyDoll (08-02-2015), Zoo mom (08-02-2015)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I'm truly sorry, Nick. The passing of Mr Peepers is so very sad. I can easily tell he was a special, cherished friend of yours. You obviously enriched his life beyond measure! He never would have experienced those joys and the love if not for you. It appears that the final 10 or 11 months of his life were wonderful... and that's what you gave to him

So now, it can be said that Mr Peepers has graduated into the ultimate zone of freedom and contentment

Thank you for the kind words.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    That was a lovely tribute to Peeps. I could feel your love and the joy you have for him. He truly will be missed but always in your heart.

Thanks Lady, yes the little Peepers stole my heart and gave me so many smiles and lots of laughter.

13. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-02-2015)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    On so sorry about Mr. Peepers may he fly with the angels now....

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Mr Peepers (08-02-2015), PeachyDoll (08-02-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Oh Nick, my heart is breaking for you! I am so sorry! *hugs*
    Mr Peepers seemed like such a character, and I always enjoyed reading your posts about him.
    Fly free Mr P, you will be missed!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Mr Peepers (08-02-2015), PeachyDoll (08-02-2015)

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    What a beautiful tribute to Mr Peepers Nick. Our companion birds are our little children and knowing how much effort and love you pour into and on this special little guy you can rest knowing that you did him the ultimate service. Enriching his life like no one had ever done. It takes a special heart to adopt an abused animal, to understand their needs and to want to make their life better than it ever has been. You did that! I know it's so painful to say goodbye, they forever leave their footprints on our hearts.

Fly high to rainbow bridge Peeps, you are so missed but not forgotten.

19. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-02-2015)