User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hello guys

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Thx guys for the replies
    I do understand what I am getting into
    Bout a vet yes we have like 3-4 in our vicinity but I need to see if anyone is a avian vet like u guys say
    But I'm a little confused on which parrot to go for
    I don't think I can afford a grey which is wat I wanted 😭 but iam thinking of something else I cant do sun conures 😞 as well as I live in a apartment so I might get complains from neighbour's as someone pointed that they can be loud I can't do Indian ringneck or Alexandria as they are banned by law to keep as pets in india 😒
    Any other suggestions pls advise

Just to let you know any bird can be loud and annoying when it decides to make noise.

I live in a house and currently have one small budgie. HE IS A LOUD MOUTH SCHNOOK!

When I leave my house and walk down the street I can hear him screaming and calling for me when I'm 4 or more houses away. He is unbearable at times when he wants to be a loud mouth and he loves to scream at me which is a concern for other neighbors around me.

The birds that are least loud are the smaller birds like the tiny zebra finches and other finches that are so beautiful and colorful. Then there are a beautiful singing canaries, lovebirds and diamond doves.

Lovebirds are great birds that can learn to talk and are easy to hand tame, they are a very interesting little bird that have huge personalities. Lovies can be housed in a flight cage that is the same size you would buy to house a budgie so you won't be spending hundreds of dollars on the larger cages you need for a conure or larger bird.

2. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (08-02-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Lovebird farm in India

I was checking out lovebirds in India and on Youtube videos what they are calling lovebirds are budgies here. I do not understand.

4. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-02-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    @spiritbird

The first video has cockatiels and lovies but the 2nd video is budgie wonderland.

I see this man is a colony breeder which is so difficult to do, if you get a couple of jealous mean budgie cock birds they are known to go into the nests next door and around them and kill the chicks and harm the other parent birds. The breeder has to have lots of food and spend lots of time monitoring the birds to keep them all safe.

I'm not much of a fan of colony breeding.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I realize the second one is budgies but the video says lovebirds. ?? A mistake I guess.

Thx for the replies

8. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (08-03-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

So Nick, have you made any decisions yet?

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    I realize the second one is budgies but the video says lovebirds. ?? A mistake I guess.

Prolly a mistake but I have heard people call budgies love birds before as budgies do often swap budgie spit and kisses so that's sort of love bird like.

So Nick, have you made any decisions yet?

What am I suppose to be deciding? Jog my memory please.

Nobility Member

Parrots

The other Nick. Guess we need a Nick 1 and a Nick 2

12. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-04-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    The other Nick. Guess we need a Nick 1 and a Nick 2
    Or Nick, Nicky, and Nikki. And we even had another Nick here recently... his user name is nicko9 I believe. What a popular name!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

14. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (08-04-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

There is always St Nicholas.