I have tried to select some but I am open to suggestions
    My choices are ��
    Sun condure
    African grey

Thanks and Regards'
    Nik Rebello
    Last edited by nick; 08-01-2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: auto correct on phone

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Hi Nicky and welcome.
    Just wanted to say hi. I don't have experience with the smaller guys, but I'm sure someone will come along soon.
    Also, the fish tank isn't for your soon to be feathered friend, is it?
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Molucan Cockatoo, Major Mitchell Cockatoo & Goliath Black Palm Cockatoo
    Welcome

No lol fish tank is with fishes �� ��

- - - Updated - - -

No lol fish tank is with fishes �� ��

5. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (08-01-2015)

Thx for welcoming me

Welcome.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    HI Nick. You are most welcome here. I am glad you are asking for advice before you get your bird. The very first thing you should do is to make inquiries to see if you have an vet near you that treats birds. A bird needs to see a vet at least once per year for a wellness check. Then check your home for unseen safety issues like an open fish tank they could drown in. Windows that are not covered or mirrors are a risk for the birds safety because until the bird becomes skilled at flying they can fly right into the glass and sustain a serious injury. Next be sure no one smokes anything in your home because birds are very sensitive to this. They are also sensitive to any kind of scent burning in the air such as candles and incense. You should remove all non stick cookware as this can be toxic at a certain heat. Other pets such as dogs or cats or even ferrets can kill a bird very fast. Our birds are as healthy as their diets so study what kind of foods they eat and do not eat! Some foods are also toxic like chocolate and avocado. Realize there are a great deal of expenses going along with keeping a bird happy and healthy. (toys, vet care, cage, food, filtration, lighting, cleaning supplies, a good vacuum cleaner)

Plan on waking up early in the morning as this is a birds most energetic time of the day. They are hungry and want to exercise. Birds need natural sunshine or full spectrum lighting. Sunshine through glass is not sufficient. A bird is also sensitive to several kinds of metal so learn what these are and have a safe cage for the birds home.

Did you realize that keeping a pet bird is not just a simple thing. As you can see by my writing it can be complicated. Birds love to chew so we need to provide them with safe chew toys. A sun conure can be very loud! Your family may object to the noise. An African Grey has several complex needs but is not as loud. Are you Prepared????

Where does one get a bird in India? Do you have clean pet stores or do you go to breeders to get a bird?

Last edited by spiritbird; 08-01-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Hi Nick, welcome to the forum. I am Nick also and we have a member Nikki so this will be fun and complicated when someone posts the name Nick somewhere.

I look forward to seeing photos of fish and I hope you enjoy all the advice we will share with you about bringing a new bird into your life.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    So it's Nick, Nick now and not knock, knock!

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    So it's Nick, Nick now and not knock, knock!

I think there are more then 3 Nicks here now.