User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: member tagging functionality added

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    These are starting to mount up in the notifications. How are they deleted. Can it be automatic after a few days?

From what I remember is they don't delete, you just click on your user profile and click on the tabs for either Mentions or Quotes and you will see the very newest quotes or mentions up top with date and time everyday.

As more quotes and mentions happen the older ones lower on the page and will separate by the next days date.

If you see my pic of quotes and mentions below, you will see Tony mentioned me yesterday and the time and date separates the last 24 hours of mentions and quotes.

I like that they are always there day after day if I should need to look up anything.

2. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (08-02-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I would like to see them auto delete in one week. What do other members think?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Awesome!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

5. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-02-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    so now that we are beginning to learn about the @mention (user name inserted here), would you please explain a bit about how the # works.

Idk if it worked but I put Mr Peepers name in the box on the top above where the thread starts. This is a test.....

7. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-02-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Alice, I entered your username up top. Did it do anything?
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

9. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-02-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Yes @Maddy, it did. I got the notification. Thanks for doing that, now I know it works.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    There are thread taggings - which is what Maddy just did. And there are 'mention' taggings - those are the ones defined by the @ symbol within posts and other messages. Then there are the # symbol references, or hash tags, which are intended to group (or tie) posts to a common reference identifier (i.e., a particular hash tag that's used). The current problem is that the hash tags won't work when placed between opening and closing bbcode tags, so the pre-formatting that is utilized on this message board makes it difficult to create active hash tags. I'm trying to come up with a way to solve this. No luck yet, though.

By the way, I'll be deleting the hash tag test thread from the testing section very soon and creating a new test thread. The posts of anyone who commented there will go away along with the thread . It's all in the name of testing

12. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-02-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Tony - are you having fun?

14. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-02-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Tony - are you having fun?
    No. Not really, Dianne.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

I guess I am a party pooper because I do not like getting so many e mails from PP. Its almost like spam when you are tagged and notified. So please no one tag me. thanks