User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: member tagging functionality added

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

member tagging functionality added

At Mr Peepers' request, I've added a modification that allows twitter-like member tagging on a global level. The tags are created with the @ symbol and each one will link to the mentioned user's profile. The modification includes various features which we can all learn together. If you have specific questions on usage of those features, I can recommend posing them to Nick, @Mr Peepers. Hopefully many of you will enjoy the new capabilities

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (08-01-2015), Mr Peepers (08-01-2015), PeachyDoll (08-01-2015)

Parrots

1 Male Pacific Parrotlet Named: Tico 1 Female Rose Crown Conure Named: Zoey 1 Female Cobalt Lineolated Parakeet Named: Lilo 1 Female Creamino Lineolated Parakeet Named: Belle
    sweet I am new and this sounds wonderful!

Thanks Mr. Peepers (siggy)
    Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000​

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Mr Peepers (08-01-2015), plax (08-01-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Oh good. I really like this feature. @plax

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    For information, currently hash tag references won't become active unless they are moved outside of any bbcode formatting tag enclosures. So this means that in order to post an active hash tag reference, you may need to click the Switch Editor to Source Mode button (the leftmost one) so you can view all bbcode tags within your message and then make sure that any hash tag references are not placed between any existing opening and closing bbcode tags. I'm hoping for an easier workaround than this, but I won't promise anything. Confirming that our hash tag references are placed properly is likely something we may simply have to become used to doing. It's not really that difficult... just a bit of a pain

8. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-01-2015)

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    Paging @Mr Peepers

This is a test...

10. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-01-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachyDoll View Post
    Paging @Mr Peepers

This is a test...

It worked PD! I got your tag.

This will be so cool !

Thanks Tony!

Administrator

Parrots

You're welcome.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    These are starting to mount up in the notifications. How are they deleted. Can it be automatic after a few days?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Nice suggestion @Mr Peepers. Thanks @plax.
    Last edited by Lady; 08-01-2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: no . after Mr

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    These are starting to mount up in the notifications. How are they deleted. Can it be automatic after a few days?
    I can set it to auto-prune the mentions. You might ask others what they think the number of days should be, and tell me what you think it should be, so I can have some idea. I'll then configure the prune interval accordingly. It can be any number of days... like 7, or 14, or 30, etc. Let me know

17. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (08-02-2015)