User Tag List

Thread: Penelope, the pig.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Penelope, the pig.

Penelope moved onto our property a couple of weeks ago. The owners of her live around a half mile up the dirt road, they know she is here but are ignoring my calls and messages to please, come and get her . She's a sweet pig, I wouldn't go so far as to call her adorable but we really don't want or need, a pig. She likes to hang out with the horses, one horse in particular is aggressive with her when it comes to feeding time and I'm afraid she's going to get kicked real bad. We are getting worried that she will discover the garden areas and if that happens..I think my vegetarian husband will be frying himself up some bacon!

This morning, my son and I tried to lure her out of the yard and hopefully back to where she belongs, with a bucket of feed but, she is awful smart and wasn't going for it. She wouldn't get more than 30 ft. from her spot where she likes to roll in the dirt. We tried not feeding her to see if we could starve her out but she's perfectly happy eating what the horses eat, I've even seen her eat horse poop!!

I think I'm going to have to drag the neighbor out and demand him to come get his pig, although I have no idea how he might do this. Anyways, this is how my day is going, I hope you all are having a better one

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-23-2015), Mr Peepers (07-20-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Oh my goodness what a freeloader she is. Guess she does not like her home. Do you guys like bacon?

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-20-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Is Penelope a vietnamese pot bellied piggy? Maybe she hates her real home and likes hanging out in Mare Zooland, I don't blame her horses and chickens and parrots OH MY!

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-20-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I believe Penelope is a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig, Mr. peeps. Her owner, my neighbor, (who also happens to be my nephew), got himself a girlfriend, who moved in with him and she was a package deal..she came with 6 goats, 1 pig, 2dogs, 3cats, a rabbit and a donkey! She lasted around 6months, took off for Oregon, never to be seen again and left him with all her animals!! Some people should be shot!..she, in my mind, is one of them!

Poor Penelope, I feel for her but still..WE DONT WANT A PIG!! I'm praying the goats don't find their way down here!

8. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (07-21-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    If the goats come then a marriage proposal might follow, isn't that a dowry price?

Poor nephew, that's horrible that he get saddled with her pets after she leaves him but its great he has them and cares for them. She needs a good swift kick in the pants for doing this to her pets and dumping them on him. How can anyone treat their animals like this? I don't care what the circumstances are when you break up, your animals come first, just like your kids!

10. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-22-2015), Lady (07-23-2015), Mare (07-22-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Yeah, I'm with you, Nick, that's a horrible, despicable thing to do. I don't understand how someone can do something like that and still live with themselves .

12. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-22-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well animal control would do what if you should call them?

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-23-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

To me, Alice, animal control will be my last ditch effort. I finally got a hold of Penelope's owner and he promises to come try and get her. The problem I foresee is that he doesn't keep any of these animals penned! They have the run of his yard and by looking at things..there isn't much yard left, they've eaten everything that's edible. Maybe Animal Control should be called..I'll keep you posted.

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Best of luck with the pig, Mare
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

17. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-23-2015)