User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caique love <3

Parrots

White bellied caique named Meiko :)

Caique love <3

Only a few more weeks until my baby comes home and it seems like forever!! How long is the weaning process? My breeder said it can take as long as 16 weeks, maybe more depending on the babies. They're already eating pellets, fruits and veggies and they're only 7 weeks old.

How old was your baby when he/she was done weaning? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367803758.457532.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	323

2. The following user likes this post:

mistywaterwoman (05-06-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    THEIR So Cute !!!! Mine seemed to be 12 weeks .Its great hes eating already [I bet it wont be long ] Are you all set ?

Parrots

What do you mean all set? Haha I have a HUGE cage for such a little bird and I've been making tons of toys. All my friends think I'm crazy because they say my baby looks like a dinosaur. :P I saw your baby Pink, and she's so cute!!!

This is what I've got so far. Cage is about 5' 5" tall!! Any suggestions? More toys? I'm putting in a few more perches.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367812298.978343.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	326

5. The following user likes this post:

I think he will be very happy in his new Home. Great set up

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    The set up looks great!
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Looks like you are all set and now just have the waiting (the hard part)

Good breeders often keep the babies a couple of weeks after weaning just to make sure they won't regress for their new owners, but that's a good thing.

9. The following user likes this post:

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    I think its perfect Maybe 2 more toys hanging from the top and 2 perches up higher. Looks nice and big

11. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (05-06-2013)

Parrots

My breeder said she only keeps them a few days but she sends formula just in case and she said she can send more if need be. I think I've been annoying her with all my questions!! Haha

Parrots

I was planning on putting a few more perches up top and a few more toys, but she said keep everything lower at first because babies are clumsy!! :P

Parrots

2 peach faced lovebirds (one is seagreen)
    Congrats!!! What a cutie!! Have you picked out a name yet?

I was supposed to get a WBC last summer and I had already decided to name him "Petrie" because the baby pics did INDEED look like a dinosaur, lol. It didn't work out in the end and my sister kept him, so I still get to see him sometimes.