User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guess What! - need breeders advice

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Very helpful, thanks Nick. I have been giving them egg food but not like you mix it. I can do this when the time comes. I just made an appointment at my avian vet who is super experienced and travels the world visiting other bird vets. Late September I will take Tango to him and see if she is old enough and healthy enough in body to go through 1 or 2 hatchings. My poor birdies are still cage bound waiting for flights to grow back. Its a painfully slow process and they get so stressed out when I take them out by hand and play with them. If I had no furniture it would be ok to let them run around the floor but they both go under the sofa or chair and stay there. Even in the bathroom Kobe finds a place to hide from me I cannot get to.

Awwe, those birdies do keep you on your toes, lets hope their flights grow in soon!

2. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (08-18-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    OK I am writing down your egg recipe and calling it Peeps Eggs. I might ground almonds and add. What do you think of that?

4. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-18-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    OK I am writing down your egg recipe and calling it Peeps Eggs. I might ground almonds and add. What do you think of that?

I don't know if I would put almonds in it, maybe someone else can give you an idea with any egg type food they might have fed their birds when breeding and nesting with chicks.

I would be concerned if the almonds gave off a type of protein that might mix with the boiled egg and cause it to turn.

This mixture was what I fed to Peepers when I first got him, he was under weight and needed some fast nutrients. He must have thought he was in hog heaven, fresh veggies chopped in egg with quinoa. He loved this mixture.

Parrots

1 Male Pacific Parrotlet Named: Tico 1 Female Rose Crown Conure Named: Zoey 1 Female Cobalt Lineolated Parakeet Named: Lilo 1 Female Creamino Lineolated Parakeet Named: Belle
    @spiritbird I looked up the possibilities of babies

1.0 is Male
    0.1 is Female

If your male is the Cobalt and the Female is the Turquoise then if the male is also split to Ino these are the results that can come from a Pairing

Cock: cobalt split to ino
    Hen: turquoise split to -

Result:
    12.50 % 1.0 cobalt
    12.50 % 1.0 turquoise
    12.50 % 0.1 cobalt
    12.50 % 0.1 turquoise
    12.50 % 1.0 cobalt /ino
    12.50 % 1.0 turquoise /ino
    12.50 % 0.1 creamino+1df
    12.50 % 0.1 creamino

However if he is not split then you have This pairing result

Cock: cobalt split to -
    Hen: turquoise split to -

Result:
    25.00 % 1.0 cobalt
    25.00 % 1.0 turquoise
    25.00 % 0.1 cobalt
    25.00 % 0.1 turquoise

Results came from online calculator: http://www.katharinasittiche.de/en/m...calculator.php

Thanks Mr. Peepers (siggy)
    Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000​

7. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-19-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Exactly what does split mean? Tango had 3 hatch mates that were all green. I do not know about Kobe. Thanks for doing that.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Looked up the answer for meaning of split. . Split is just "bird talk" for heterozygous. Heterozygous means carrying a recessive trait. So I am guessing this means Tango is split green?
    Last edited by spiritbird; 08-19-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Nick I ordered that egg food from Amazon yesterday afternoon and to my amazement it was delivered to my door at 2 pm today. Now that's prime at its best!

11. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (08-19-2015)

Parrots

Nick I ordered that egg food from Amazon yesterday afternoon and to my amazement it was delivered to my door at 2 pm today. Now that's prime at its best!

That's excellent fast delivery.

Try your two eating it with just a little water and see if they like it, it has honey in it so entice them. If they don't go for it then I'd try mixing in their favorite chopped veggies.

And then you can add it to hard boiled eggs and veggie mixes. I'll be curious to see how they like it.

13. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (08-19-2015)