User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avian First Aid - A Series of Educational Videos

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Thanks for bringing this up again Alice. We can always use a reminder that we have these videos.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-03-2016), plax (09-04-2016)

cockatiel in pain!!!

hi!! new bird owner so please go easy on me, i just bought a 1 year old male cockatiel, i took him to a vet for a check up and the vet told me i needed to clip his wings, i didn’t much care for it but he insisted upon it and took my bird to the back for trimming. He seemed fine for a while then i noticed a wing feather appeared out of nowhere! (still in his arm) i also noticed it seemed to be causing him a significant amount of pain from time to time, he thinks he can still fly so he tends to jump from time to time before i’m ready to catch him so i believe he injured himself doing so. Anyways im not sure if i should pull the feather or not, he holds his wing out and shakes it a little while letting little shreaks of pain out and i feel terrible!! i’m definitely going to schedule another appointment asap but i would like another opinion first!!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Can you post a picture of the wing so we can see what it looks like? For now, I would not pull it out. He may not be used to being flightless and is stressed out with all of the changes he is going through. Leave him in his cage for now until he has a chance to settle and you get a chance to take him back to the vet. Your bird is probably quite frightened. Cover the back of his cage to give him a sense of safety. Please let us know how he and you make out.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-26-2018), plax (03-28-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    How scary for you both. It's been a few days since your post so I hope you have taken your cockatiel to the vet by now and come back soon to let us know what is happening.

These are such old fashioned goody advices. Thank you for sharing them!