User Tag List

Thread: Bird theft suspect identified; public's help sought

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

Bird theft suspect identified; public's help sought

Friday May 15th, 2015 :: 11:37 a.m. PDT

Advisory

BIRD THEFT SUSPECT IDENTIFIED; PUBLIC'S HELP SOUGHT

Detectives have identified 42-year-old Jose Jesus Zermeno as a suspect wanted in connection with the theft of exotic birds from a Long Beach home, and are seeking the public's help with locating him and identifying two additional suspects.

On Monday, May 4, 2015, Zermeno entered a private residential backyard in the 6700 block of Harbor Avenue and stole five exotic birds from separate birdcages. Video surveillance captured the incident where Zermeno is seen climbing over the fence into the backyard, opening birdcages, removing the birds, and handing them over the fence to a second suspect. A third unidentified suspect drove a red Ford Ranger truck, the means of transportation the suspects used to commit the crime.

Yesterday morning, May 14, 2015, at approximately 5:00 a.m., a Long Beach patrol officer spotted the truck in the area of Wardlow Road and Atlantic Avenue. The officer had knowledge the truck was wanted in connection with the burglary and attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle to further investigate. The driver of the truck failed to yield and lead the officer on a short vehicle pursuit. The officer lost sight of the truck, and it was later found abandoned in the 2200 block of Cedar Avenue. The truck was impounded and is currently in the custody of the Long Beach Police Department.

Zermeno is a male Hispanic, approximately 5’ 3" with a medium build. The second suspect is a male Hispanic, 25-30 years of age, 5’10” to 6’0” and 185-200 pounds. The description of the third suspect is unknown at this time.

If anyone has information about this incident, or knows Zermeno’s whereabouts, they are urged to call the Long Beach Police Burglary Detail at (562) 570-7351. For an immediate police response, please call Police Communications at (562) 435-6711. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous may call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or text TIPLA plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES), or visit www.LACrimeStoppers.org.

Address/Location
    LONG BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT-HEADQUARTERS
    400 W Broadway
    Long Beach, CA 90802
    Contact
    Emergency: 9-1-1
    Non-emergencies: 562-435-6711

Suspect:
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Mean looking man.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    To these men..all they saw was dollar signs. They don't see the heart and soul of animals. I pray that the birds are soon recovered before too much damage is done. Frickin' humans

4. The following 5 users like this post:

Lady (05-19-2015), Macaw Lover (05-19-2015), Mr Peepers (06-13-2015), PeachyDoll (06-13-2015), plax (05-19-2015)

Parrots

We have 1 beautiful Moluccan Cockatoo, 31 years young, she hates red foods, loves any orange foods and adores almonds. Cardboard lover, towel hater, loves SpongeBob SquarePants. The bird rules the roost and don't you forget it!
    I saw some of the videos last month posted somewhere it was so heart wrenching and appalling. I hope that they catch these guys.

6. The following user likes this post:

Mr Peepers (06-13-2015)

Parrots

SPX the Super Duper Flying Freak Budgie and Mr Peepers the Not So Super Duper Flying Freak Canary
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachyDoll View Post
    I saw some of the videos last month posted somewhere it was so heart wrenching and appalling. I hope that catch these guys.

I saw those videos too they were gut wrenching. I'm glad they have the suspects identified hopefully they can put an end to this type of theft.