User Tag List

Thread: Silly bird!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Silly bird!

I have this cage on the back deck, next to the bird room, it's Amigo's original cage that he came to me with and he uses it for landing on during the day..I keep munchies on top for him to graze on. Normally I keep it's door closed but lately he has taken to pulling off the food portals and crawling inside so now I just leave the door open for him . Silly bird!

I think he remembers this cage and is very comfortable in it. Does any one else have a nostalgic bird?

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-27-2015), kendrafitz (05-17-2015), Lady (05-18-2015), lolsavannahh (03-07-2016), Penny (03-08-2016), Pinkbirdy (05-18-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Salsa does exactly the same thing... crawls into his cage through the food/water bowl portals. I'm always amazed he can fit through them!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (05-18-2015), Mare (05-19-2015), Pinkbirdy (05-18-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Rosie is not nostalgic, but nothing has really changed for her.

Love that Amigo is nostalgic. Also love that both Amigo and Salsa are so crafty about getting into their spaces.
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-19-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Tony, is this Salsa's original cage?

8. The following user likes this post:

mdg1109 (03-06-2016)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Tony, is this Salsa's original cage?
    Sorry I missed your question until now, Mare. I don't have Salsa's original cage. Terrie's husband presumably still has it. We talked about shipping it to me after Salsa arrived here in 2012, but I decided to have an old cage of mine fixed instead. It's the old white Cal-Cage #550 that you see in many of Salsa's photo's/videos... I simply had it re-welded for Sals. And that's the one he often goes in and out of via the food bowl ports for his naps and snacks, etc. He sometimes likes to use the ports despite that the cage door is always left open. Sals absolutely adores this cage!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-27-2015), Mare (05-22-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

That's so cool that Salsa likes his little birdie doors

12. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-27-2015)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Mare I love Amigo's picture on your signature, he looks like he is smiling and thinking "here I come" lol. How did you come to get Amigo (I am sure you have been asked this before but forgive me I am new).

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (03-07-2016), spiritbird (03-07-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Amigo is amazing. I always enjoy your photos and stories.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (03-07-2016), Penny (03-08-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    Mare I love Amigo's picture on your signature, he looks like he is smiling and thinking "here I come" lol. How did you come to get Amigo (I am sure you have been asked this before but forgive me I am new).
    Michelle, Amigo is thinking "exactly" that! I took that photo when he was intent on walking the railing on the deck to get to me. I have Amigo's story in the archives, I'll see if I can dig it up and let you know where to find it

Thank you, Dianne!

Ok, Michelle, in the Free Flight section, go to the second page and you'll find "Amigo's flying free 'training'" post. It tells how he came to be with us and how we got him flying outside.
    Last edited by Mare; 03-07-2016 at 12:53 AM.

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Awesome, I will read it when I get the kids off to school. Thank you for sharing!

19. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-08-2016)