User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi has left us

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus

Kiwi has left us

With no signs of illness or unusual behavior our beloved severe macaw Kiwi was found grasping the bars of her cage after her spirit had flown free.Kiwi was a fun filled creature who was always so proud to show us her beautiful wings...she would open them like an angel.It was every night "night night darlin". "I will miss her dearly and my heart is truly broken.
    "Ivo"

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    There is a deep sorrow felt by us for this tragic loss. Time will heal your broken heart and her memory will be with you forever. When you can please write a tribute to her and post here. I am crying with you.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Im so sorry about your birds [so scary when you don't know]. I had some illness at my house [and Im sure you know this].Ive learned our birds can be carriers and never develop the illness unless stressed. One weird common thing that I could pin point on that happened here. I had given them a huge bath [really soaked them] the house had the windows opened . I noticed problems immediately after. So I think their was a connection of them getting chilled . I used to clean with vinegar [but didn't realize it didn't disinfect ]. I would pull apart everything and clean with bleach . To make sure nothing else happens. Im so sorry about your guy . I bet you have beautiful birds.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

I am so sorry that you lost her. I do hope you have a necropsy done so you know what happened and protect the rest of your babies.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm so sorry, Dave. Was Kiwi an older bird? I can only imagine the huge hole in your heart

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I too am deeply saddened by your loss of Kiwi, Dave. I'm so sorry. I've pondered the potential, horribly painful loss of my own guys many times. I know it will happen at some point and the thought plagues me beyond belief. There can be no greater pain for me than when it actually occurs. I pass my sincere condolences to you and to yours.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh Dave,
    What a great loss to you and your family. It is so difficult to deal with the loss of someone we love. Time will help lessen your pain and the wonderful memories you have of Kiwi will bring a smile when you share what a sweet baby she was. I will pray for strength for you and yours as you go through this hardship.

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    My condolences to you, I really do not want to bring this up, but I think it is a must. You have had two birds pass now in a short amount of time, I would strongly suggest a necropsy to ensure cause of death. I have worked in rescue with larges amounts of birds and it starts with one or two and ends up way worse. I just don't want to hear/ see you heartbroken more and more because of something that could be prevented. please do not take this the wrong way, I really am sorry for your losses.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (05-13-2015), Pinkbirdy (05-12-2015)

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon
    So saddened by this news. You are in our prayers and thoughts. So very sorry. These beautiful birds that God has created become family,I truly believe all His beautiful animals have a place to play in Heaven....

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (05-13-2015)