User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unplanned Senegal...

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    There is an old Native American legend that a horse will always live up to it's name, lol! So in keeping that in mind I'm going to recommend you name him Damon

He is a cute little guy!

2. The following user likes this post:

DQ IT (05-15-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by roxynoodle View Post
    There is an old Native American legend that a horse will always live up to it's name, lol! So in keeping that in mind I'm going to recommend you name him Damon

He is a cute little guy!
    Great idea! Damon he is! ( After bitting the roommate this morning it was "Dam Parrot" so it works!)

4. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (05-03-2013), DQ IT (05-15-2013), roxynoodle (05-03-2013)

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    You know Audrey you are right and that is exactly why I changed my little female red bellied parrot's name from Chompers when I got her to Tiki. I just thought I would set her up for success. I like the new name Damen and Shelly's rational made me laugh

6. The following 3 users like this post:

mistywaterwoman (05-06-2013), roxynoodle (05-03-2013), ShellyBorg (05-03-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Today I caved and let Damon on my shoulder. He kissed me all over my face almost like a out of control puppy! No bites at all even when spooked. All he did was puff up and spread his wings to show how big he was and protect me.LOL! He is fast becoming a favorite. I also had no idea they purred. He went to sleep under my chin purring.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

keepsmiling (05-06-2013), Mare (05-16-2013), mistywaterwoman (05-06-2013)

Awww, that is so sweet

Parrots

Congo African Grey Senagal Parakeet
    we got our senegal as a unexpected gift as well. He is totally my wifes bird, she can really play "rough" with him. I can take him out of his cage but i can not play with him like she can, i have to move slow with him and if the thinks im going to grab him he will squawk and flutter to the ground. he will setup and ride on my finger and thats all i ask. He has never bitten me but has bit everybody else who stuck their fingers in his cage. thing is he is like 23 or soo and has never ever flown.

the bad part is my congo picked up on his high pitch scream and that is her favorite when she wants attention. grrrrrrr.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    So happy to hear that Damon has found a soul mate! You are a good person for taking him in, he's a lucky bird, especially for having his own huge macaw size cage!!

Parrots

LOL he is not in a macaw cage. He is sitting where that cage will some day go.
    He has fast become the bird I pull out last so I have more time with him. I can do just about anything with him and he loves it. His fav thing to do is purr while walking back and forth under my chin to self pet when I am busy typing.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Debra (05-16-2013), Mare (05-16-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I was kidding about the macaw cage! That's wonderful that he has taken to you so well!

Parrots

Greys Sam and Neka Goffins Eddie and Snow Eclectus Juliette Sennie Bella Budgie Bubbles GCC Landon
    My sennie, Bella can be unpredictable. Always the bait and switch. Then POW, she nails you. I have learned to read her, and use a step up stick, so anyone can get her from point a to point b.