User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unplanned Senegal...

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D

Unplanned Senegal...

So I went out to pay some bills and found out that my storage has new owners and they have parrots. I got to talking to them and found out that they had been given a Senegal 2 weeks ago that they needed to re-home right away, It had bitten both the husband and the son really bad. I talked to them about the stress of rehoming and that there was a chance it would settle down.They wanted nothing to do with it so I asked to see the bird. Well the first thing the little monster did was charge to bite me. I turn my hand in to give him the back of it and the charge stopped and he stepped right up. In less then 5 min I had the bird upside down getting tummy pets and wearing my hair band around its neck!! So know I have this un-planned fid. Luckily I had a small cage with sturdy bars and some toys and perches that where in the recycle parrot toy box. This little bird seems to really love me but I have 4 parrots all ready.....

2. The following 7 users like this post:

aliray (05-03-2013), CrazyBirdLady (05-03-2013), DQ IT (05-15-2013), keepsmiling (05-03-2013), Mare (05-16-2013), mistywaterwoman (05-03-2013), roxynoodle (05-03-2013)

Parrots

African Greys-Dexter, Sunshine and Sterling Umbrella Cockatoo-Sammy Senegal-Rocky Blue Front Amazons-Izzy and Mia
    Well.. now you have five!! At least for a bit. You got him out of a situation where he was uncomfortable. He seems to feel safe with you. You can always help him feel settled and look for an adoptive home. I understand you are not sure what to do but I recommend just giving him a safe place to land for now and take one day at a time.

4. The following 7 users like this post:

aliray (05-03-2013), CrazyBirdLady (05-03-2013), keepsmiling (05-03-2013), Mare (05-16-2013), mistywaterwoman (05-03-2013), roxynoodle (05-03-2013), ShellyBorg (05-03-2013)

Parrots

2 peach faced lovebirds (one is seagreen)
    Sounds like it was a match made in Heaven, Shelly!! He's a lucky bird to have found someone to love him.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

keepsmiling (05-03-2013), ShellyBorg (05-03-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    So I got my little demon home and he hates every one but me and has bitten them also. He loves to sucker you in with a invite to scratch his head.I have been regurgitated on and loved from the time I got him out of the travel cage.
    Attachments Attachments Demon1.jpg  

Demon2.jpg  

Last edited by ShellyBorg; 05-03-2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: poor spelling

8. The following 2 users like this post:

keepsmiling (05-03-2013), mistywaterwoman (05-03-2013)

Parrots

Cockatiels: Izzy, Quinn, Baretta, Zoey, Phoebe, Bailey, Tobias, Indira, Noelle, Sierra, Phin, Mayzie, Q-ie. Senegal: Paris - BGM: Alex - P'let: Sprite - Maxi Pi: Sembre
    Sounds like it was meant to be. What a handsome boy!

10. The following 2 users like this post:

keepsmiling (05-03-2013), ShellyBorg (05-03-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Aww...congrats! Sometimes they seem to have a way of finding the right person to give their love to. Thanks for giving him a chance.
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

12. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (05-03-2013)

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    Shelly didn't you say in another post somewhere that you had room for one more cage? he is gorgeous. maybe not planned but the best things in life never are and I think Demon is a very cute name. Congrats on your new best friend

14. The following 2 users like this post:

mistywaterwoman (05-03-2013), ShellyBorg (05-03-2013)

Parrots

Oh, he's a looker!! Did you actually name him Demon?? LOL!!! How appropriate!!!

And here's a tip: never post that you have room for one more cage, that's like telling the Universe to send another bird your way.

16. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (05-03-2013), Mare (05-16-2013), ShellyBorg (05-03-2013)

Parrots

But the room for one more cage was for a macaw!!!
    After sleeping on it I will most likely keep him. I did have to trim his wings this morning when he decided to fly to me to protect me from my son.

18. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (05-03-2013), Mare (05-16-2013), mistywaterwoman (05-03-2013)

Parrots

I knew you would cave!!! Just to comfort you, I believe that God brings us to the right place at the right time for a reason. He was obviously meant to be yours. <3

20. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (05-03-2013), ShellyBorg (05-03-2013)