User Tag List

Thread: Happy Hatchday Rosie!

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Happy Hatchday Rosie!

Today is Rosie's Hatchday! My beautiful, ornery, funny, strong-willed and loving diva is 3 today!!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (04-01-2015), PlaxMacaws (04-01-2015)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Happy hatchday Rosie. Jelly and Icecream for tea?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-01-2015)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    My hope is that Rosie is having the happiest of hatchdays today! But is this (or is this not) truly her hatchday? I only ask since today is April Fools day. If it is truly her hatchday today, perhaps the fact that she first emerged into this world on the 1st of April (aka April Fools Day) lends some explanation to some of her goofy and humorous behaviors (j/k) ...I, for one, am very glad that you hatched, Rosie!!!

Note: ^^^^^^^^^^ the head/face looks like that of a GW, while the wing coloring resembles that of a Scarlet and a GW combined... maybe it's supposed to be a Ruby. But at least it's a fairly close likeness
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-02-2015), kendrafitz (04-01-2015)

Parrots

She is having a great day. My daughter is sick so the three of us are hanging out in my room. We ran to the pet store after my daughter's doctors apt this morning and got Rosie some goodies. So no jelly, but nutri berries on her menu today.

Today is actually her hatch day. We call her Jef's April Fool's Day present. His birthday is the day before. You may be right Tony, her hatch day my be part of the reason she is such a goofball!
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    We call her Jef's April Fool's Day present. His birthday is the day before.
    Hmm, so you got Rosie the day immediately following your husband's birth date? I guess that more or less qualifies her as an "anti-bd present" for him... in that she tends to counter many of his enjoyments in life (from what you've explained). Plus, her permanent presence is emphasized each year at this time by the two consecutive days of celebration. That's rather sad to think about

I hope your daughter feels better soon and I hope the 3 of you are having a fun time today

Parrots

No, we didn't meet my diva until June. But she cracked her little butt out on April 1st.

I never thought of it as sad. We just joke she is his April Fool's Day gift. Either way, he is in Florida this week so he had a wonderful birthday playing golf in the warm weather. Miss Rosie is having a good birthday here with us. She just had a birthday Nilla cookie and is still happily trilling about it.
    Rosie & Kendra

10. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-02-2015)

Parrots

No, we didn't meet my diva until June. But she cracked her little butt out on April 1st.
    Ah yes. I read that wrong.. or I thought about it wrong (or something) - hatchday! not homecoming day!! Don't mind me, I'm easily confused

I never thought of it as sad. We just joke she is his April Fool's Day gift. Either way, he is in Florida this week so he had a wonderful birthday playing golf in the warm weather. Miss Rosie is having a good birthday here with us. She just had a birthday Nilla cookie and is still happily trilling about it.
    Glad to hear it

12. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-01-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Happy Hatchday, Rosie!! Let's PARTY!! Wow, time sure flys! It just seems like yesterday that you brought her home

14. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-01-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Happy Hatch Day Diva~

Lady and I are joining in to celebrate with you also. Yesterday I finally broke down and brought her some nutri-berries. I have been looking at them for sometime but didn't think they would be something she would like.
    But for whatever reason, I got them for her to try. Well I can't say they are a big hit but never the less she has tasted them and the jury is still out on whether or not she likes them. There is still most of it in her treat bowl.

Sorry your little girl is not feeling well and I hope the doctor visit went well.

16. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (04-01-2015)