User Tag List

Thread: A free flight hazard.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

A free flight hazard.

Is it poison oak?..holy moly, Amigo has been rummaging around in brush below our home and when he flew in tonight there was an unusual smell coming off him. Not unpleasant..but definitely not oak or the trees from our yard. I'll let you know, in a day or two, if it's poison oak..ugh, I hope not

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Oh no! Fingers crossed that it isn't.
    Rosie & Kendra

3. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-28-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Ugh, I get poison every year! Someone just has to mow it down and yep it finds me. The best remedy I've found to dry it up is vinegar on a cotton ball, but be real careful near eyes!

5. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-28-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Vinegar on cotton ball..thanks, Alice I will remember that! Every plant in the territory, is budding or blooming, Amigo's favorite time of year. He likes the young buds. When our fruit trees bloom, I'm always afraid we aren't going to get fruit that summer because he spends hours in a tree tasting the delicate flowers!

7. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-28-2015), Lady (03-28-2015)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Has he found a Eucalyptus tree? Hope he is OK.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

9. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-29-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

He's fine and whatever it was, it wasn't poison oak or I would be covered in it. We do have a couple of eucalyptus trees beyond the garage and Amigo does like to visit them but this smell he had was definitely not from those.

11. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-29-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    OK we need smellaforum now.

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-30-2015), Mare (03-30-2015)