User Tag List

Thread: Wish me Luck!

Parrots

1 blue peach-face lovebird named Rio 2 black masked yellow-green lovebirds named Gracie and Mango 1 Budgie blue with white clouds on breast named Cotton and 2 lovebirds named Boo and Pumpkin 1 new budgie female named Lemon

Wish me Luck!

I ordered a clicker so I can try to get Rio better trained from biting hands..any advice will be accepted and deeply appreciated...he still won't step up either!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-26-2015), Mare (03-26-2015)

Parrots

Yellow sided green cheek
    Good luck!

4. The following user likes this post:

wingman (03-25-2015)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Wedge the clicker in his beak that way he can't bite you
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-26-2015), Mare (03-26-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Ive been taking Boomer out on a perch . Then going in the bathroom and working with her . She steps up on me in there and has started to other places. I would with a lovebird somehow get him out of her cage and work with him maybe on a bed. Be consistent and keep things short at first.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-26-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh wonderful, I'm excited for you.

There is much information on the net about clicker training. I hope things go well but remember to take small steps and no more than 15 minutes each session ending on a positive note.
    Keep us posted. I will be working with Lady more this summer season. I've been working with trust and bonding thus far and plan on clicker training being the next move.
    Last edited by Lady; 03-26-2015 at 01:22 AM. Reason: rewording

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Hope it works. Kobe was biting me hard whenever I had some food in my hands or a toy. Kind of a possessive bite if you will. He does not do this any more. Being Rio is a young bird he just may grow out of the stage if you do not make it into a big deal which is what I did.

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Goodluck I dislike clickers, but I hope it works for you.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-26-2015), spiritbird (03-26-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Wishing you luck, Charlie! I've never used a clicker and sure couldn't advise you on, how to. Keep us posted! I've learned with my birds..you've got to learn how to read them first, mostly just so's you don't get bit. Like, our Sassy girl will step up like a pro..if she's in the mood to . Amigo..he's special. If he know's I want him to step up, he holds on real tight so I have to peel his feet off of his perch!
    Last edited by Mare; 03-26-2015 at 12:52 AM.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-26-2015), spiritbird (03-26-2015)