User Tag List

Thread: Squawk activated Computer Games for Birds

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

Squawk activated Computer Games for Birds

Hi Everyone,

So I came across this site that has digital games for parrots. Really, it says these games are for our birds to play on the computer. Sounded interesting to me and I am still checking the site out. I just thought I would post the link in case you might find it interesting too. It seems it would be great to keep our birds entertained while we are busy or even out of the house.

So check it out with me and let me know what you think. I hope it will be something I can have Lady enjoy from time to time as she is an only bird and during the daylight hours when I am at work and the hubs is resting she could entertain herself with something new and maybe even learn some skills??? Okay maybe no skills but at least it says it's interactive so there will be movement.

As I am looking and reading the information I am wondering if it will encourage our birds to be noisy tho.

http://www.digitalenrichment.org/squawk.htm

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    Lady this looks really interesting. Directions weren't clear. I wanted to download it to my iPad but nothing happened when I tried the link by the game. Did it work for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    The author of that page has asked for emails of parrots responses to the games but has chosen not to share them which might have been helpful.
    Sometimes when we go out we leave Casper a video to watch/listen to. As he loves the sound of children's voices we got him a DVD of The Railway Children. That way if he copies any of the talking it will be in well spoken English with no swearing. He chatters along in his small child voice and cries like a baby. Not sure where he picked that up because he was with my ageing parents before us.
    Any other film title suggestion will be received with interest.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I will check it out when I get home.

We leave the music channel on for Rosie when we go out. She has shown an interest in the movie Tangled when I had it playing once. I guess Disney has an appeal for everyone. ; )
    Rosie & Kendra

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minamommy View Post
    Lady this looks really interesting. Directions weren't clear. I wanted to download it to my iPad but nothing happened when I tried the link by the game. Did it work for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes Kim I did get all of them to work but I also had to go back and read the directions over. I haven't had a chance to put Lady in front of the computer to see if she has a reaction to any of it but I am looking forward to trying it the next day I have off from work.

Jean-Pierre,
    Videos and music or children speaking sounds like a good idea too, especially the non swearing kind. I am wondering if any of our birds would be interested in interacting via the computer and us giving more praise for just trying the games out.

Kendra,
    Yes I understand the love of Disney movies and music. Who could blame Rosie there.
    Last edited by Lady; 03-16-2015 at 12:17 AM. Reason: additional responses