User Tag List

Thread: New Quaker Owner

Parrots

1 quaker - 4 years old

New Quaker Owner

Hello,

I am new to your forum and bird ownership as well. I brought home a 4 year old quaker yesterday and despite my weeks of research prior to doing so, I find myself in need of advice and tips from people in the know. Thank you in advance for all of your potential help!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi and Paisley,

Go right ahead and post your questions when your ready. What is your Quaker's name? Hope you can spend some time reading the threads as they are filled with great information. There are wonderful, helpful folks here with lots of experience that will do their best to help! Oh and when you get the time to take a pic or two of your new bird we would all love to see him/her~
    Last edited by Lady; 03-09-2015 at 12:26 AM. Reason: rewording

3. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (03-09-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Greetings Paisleybrown!

Congratulations on acquiring your new fid . If you're seeking advice on anything in particular, please let us know and we'll try to help. And yes, a photo or two of your Quaker would be nice if you'd like to share.

Thank you for joining us.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

5. The following user likes this post:

Lady (03-10-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    A warm welcome to you and your new bird. We are here for you and love photos.

7. The following user likes this post:

Lady (03-10-2015)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello and welcome
    We found it a bit traumatic bringing a bird into the home. The advice you read on the internet tends to make you think that anything you do is going to kill your bird. You soon begin to realise that they are quite hardy little souls but they do need LOTS of your time. In the wild they tend to flock so their brains are wired for lots of companionship. Our bird Casper will make a lot of noise when first left on his own, calling the rest of his flock (us). He soon settles down though and loves to listen to music especially lady singers. At the moment his favourite is Shania Twain.
    I hope you and your quaker become good friends soon.

Edit: I thought you might like to meet Casper, he's a bit shy*

Searching by DSdriver, on Flickr

*Outrageous lie
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 03-09-2015 at 02:06 PM.

9. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-13-2015), Lady (03-10-2015), Minamommy (03-15-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

From that angle Casper's tail feathers are coming along nicely .

Parrots

That's not a recent pic although his tail does still look quite like that when parked. He still has just the two outer feathers each side so there is a big gap in the middle when he fans his tail. We are hoping for a revival soon as he is having a good moult of other less important feathers.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well I hope when they do come in he will be pleased and take good care of them .

Parrots

He was playing with a broken feather yesterday and we realised it was one from his tail that had come out at last. I didn't realise that the stump of a broken off feather stays in place until it would have come out under normal circumstances. So, it will be interesting to see how long its replacement takes to grow.

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (03-16-2015)

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    Welcome Paisleybrown!!! I love Quakers and wish we could own the here in PA. Congratulations on being a new parront

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk