User Tag List

Thread: What An Awesome Idea!

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

What An Awesome Idea!

I just read this article and thought I would share.

A hotel in NC helps out with dog shelter adoptions by having one "help" in the lobby. Once they are adopted, a new dog is brought in.

Reading stories like this is uplifting. So often we only read sad or upsetting things. It is great to read about people spreading the love.

It would be awesome if this idea spread. Not only for dogs, but for all animals needing a good home.
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 5 users like this post:

94lt1 (02-21-2015), Kallaste (02-20-2015), Lady (02-20-2015), Mare (02-20-2015), plax (02-21-2015)

Oh, that is such a nice idea! I wish more establishments did this. You're right, it would be great if it spread!

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (02-20-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Nice story. Getting the animals more exposure to become adopted is a good thing I hope it works out for each of them!

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (02-20-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I've noticed the SPCA's in our area are spreading out to help expose the animals to more of the public, not any hotel lobby's, yet, I love that idea! Every Sat., from 9:00am to 2:00pm, SPCA animals are brought to our local feed store, I've actually adopted one and a pet store I frequent down in the city, also does this.

8. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (02-20-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Kudos to the hotel's owner(s) and management! We need so much more of that in this world!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I hate to spoil the party but are any checks made to check the suitability of the new guardians? The sort of person* who is smitten by a cute fluffy pet and takes it home without any forethought might realise that it wasn't such a good idea when they find out they have to take it for a walk every day. I sincerely hope that they don't get any "returns".
    *I may have the wrong perception of people who stay at posh hotels.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

94lt1 (02-21-2015), plax (02-21-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    You may be right, Jean-Pierre (killjoy), all we can hope for is they went to a good, healthy home. Their alternative sounds much more bleak, to me..

13. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-21-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Good point. The article says the potential families are carefully vetted and then dogs are delivered once the families check out.
    Rosie & Kendra

15. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-21-2015), Lady (02-21-2015), plax (02-21-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I noticed that side note also Kendra. I too was suspicious at first.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Aha, I didn't read the article, just jumped to conclusions as usual.

18. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (02-21-2015)