User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foraging For Veggies

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    The net Margaret made looks great, maybe I can come up with something for Lady. Thanks you guys for the inspiration, I will be searching around for some safe rope and see what I can come up with too.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-14-2015), spiritbird (02-15-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I also crochet, yarn would worry me with my birds nails getting caught. A hemp fiber or macramé type stiff/crusty string would probably work well.

I love your set-up, Dianne! Lucky Kobe, indeed!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-14-2015), spiritbird (02-15-2015)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Margaret used natural twine sold for use in the garden.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101 (2).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	2655
    Casper found the goodies inside the cargo net today

Name:	IMG_0108 (2).jpg 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	2656
    and then had fun swinging the net about

Name:	IMG_0081 Casper on his mat.jpg 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	2657
    He has also been redesigning the cotton and rubber easy clean mat under his cage.

6. The following user likes this post:

Lady (02-14-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Not wanting to hijack this thread, I've found some sisal rope but it smells strange, like oil. I will post pics and ask your thoughts on another thread.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Perhaps it is hemp and that is the smell of cannabis oil.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Where did you get it? Pretty sure the one I have is sea grass. You will find it on My safe bird store. Not overly expensive.

Super Moderator

Parrots

I think I got the rope from Home Depot at least that is what it says at the bottom of the packaging. I will check out MSBS as soon as I put my next order in.

I don't think it is a hemp oil smell, but it is too strong for me to feel comfortable enough to use for Lady. If it is not to busy at work tomorrow I may take a quick run to HD and see if it is indeed something they still carry and if they have any less smelly type of natural rope.

These photos are mesmerizing for every one whom love keep birds in their house. Its great to see that how healthy competition its look like for a parrot to manage and visit.
    For some more funny and amazing videos visit to my awesome website cuteparrots.com