User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foraging For Veggies

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

Foraging For Veggies

I am posting some photos taken today, Feb. 12th. Every morning I fill up the netting attached to the play gym area above Daisy's cage. Kobe goes crazy eating everything. Each time I try to add a new veggie or green. Today it was yellow squash. Without a doubt if these choices were inside of a cage they would not be as interested in eating. On the menu is beet greens, kale, squash, carrots, sugar snap peas and broccoli in the middle of the netting. Some veggies you may not see but they are there. Daisy is not foraging as she is just now pulling out of a heavy grief. I hand feed her the greens and anything else she wants except the regular food.

These nettings make wonderful toys to use for many things. Came from MSBS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diet 001.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	2645

Name:	diet 005.jpg 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	2647

Name:	diet 003.jpg 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	2646

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-12-2015), Christinenc2000 (06-07-2016), Lady (02-13-2015), Mare (02-14-2015), mdg1109 (03-28-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hey, looks like great fun. I wonder if Casper could be persuaded to eat his veggies like that. Margaret is going to crochet some thick string and give it a try.
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 02-12-2015 at 07:26 PM.

4. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-12-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Hi Dianne... I love your photos and I think it's great that your birds get such a nutritious variety of goodies each day . I've taken the liberty of posting Kobe's messy face pic to our FB page. I hope that's okay. It's a great shot!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Oh sure Kobe has a really messy face after he eats a carrot. I call his carrot face. Pin feather too.

Caspers friend Can your wife make a netting from hemp or another tough fiber? The birds are rather rough on them. Will love to see what she comes up with.

Parrots

She is using a ball of string, it looks like she is making some sort of basket, we will have to wait to see what she has in her mind as she is crocheting off piste. Will post pics.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (02-13-2015), Mare (02-14-2015), spiritbird (02-13-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    What wonderful pictures Dianne. Kobe looks like he is trying to decide just which veggie to devour first. Your babies sure have a wonderful Mom who is always thinking of ways to keep them entertained, well fed and happy!

10. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (02-13-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I really like the photo of Lady in your avatar.

12. The following user likes this post:

Lady (02-14-2015)

Parrots

Margaret had it done in less than an hour, she filled it with goodies this morning and after having a quick look Casper has ignored it. Ho-hum.

Name:	IMG_0091 goody bag.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	2649

Name:	IMG_0092 goody bag with treats.jpg 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	2650

Name:	IMG_0098 Casper with goody bag.jpg 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	2651

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-02-2016), Mare (02-14-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Oh Casper you have a wonderful foraging net there. How can you resist?

16. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-14-2015), Lady (02-14-2015), Mare (02-14-2015)

Parrots

After we had covered him up for the night, like a naughty kid he started playing with it. We were concerned that he might get a foot caught in the net so removed it from the cage. He can have it back in the morning!
    He hasn't got the hang of this foraging lark yet. There is one of his favorite treats, a nutriberry, in the net which he hasn't realised yet.
    Last edited by Casper's 2nd best friend; 02-14-2015 at 12:53 AM.