User Tag List

Thread: No help needed, just a new observation

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

No help needed, just a new observation

Today when I logged in I see "Post From Last Day" and "Post Since Last Visit". Someones been busy making adjustments around here .

Thanks Tony~

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Just minor adjustments. But you're welcome
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

3. The following user likes this post:

Lady (02-07-2015)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I really do not understand why we have two categories of postings. Wouldn't it look like more people posting if they were all in one place?

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    I really do not understand why we have two categories of postings. Wouldn't it look like more people posting if they were all in one place?
    I'll try and explain the difference between the two links, Dianne... The Posts From last Day link searches for and displays all posts and threads submitted within the recent 24-hour period. Whereas the Posts Since Last Visit link displays only posts and threads that were submitted since your last logon session. You can use it to see what you've missed since you logged out, and do so without viewing all posts that were created within the full previous 24-hour period (since you may have already read and responded to many of those posts during your previous logon session. So each of those links serves a different function.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Yes I understand your reasons for two places for post however I still like post to be only in one place. One would know if they already responded to it because your name would be there. I can say I never look in post from last day.

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Yes I understand your reasons for two places for post however I still like post to be only in one place. One would know if they already responded to it because your name would be there. I can say I never look in post from last day.
    Well, they're actually not two different places. Instead, they are two different search criteria. One link searches the database for all posts made within 24 hours; whereas the other link searches for posts that you haven't seen yet. Both links are kind of necessary because once you view a new post and then log off... when you log back on that particular new post won't show up anymore with the "Posts Since Last Visit" link search. And that's important because maybe you didn't finish reading that post before you logged off or perhaps you didn't yet respond to it but logged off and you aren't able to remember the post's subject title or which category it is posted in. In any of those cases, you can still bring up all posts from the most recent 24-hour period by clicking on the "Posts From Last Day" search link. I hope that clarifies a bit further

8. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (03-16-2015)