User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone have ravens? The legal ones?

Parrots

Yellow napped amazon Seminole, green wing macaw Monte, yellow budgie parakeet Avra , Sun conure Starburst... RIP Hendrick... Fly high pretty blue.. 5-5-14
    I've always wanted a crow..

Parrots

Yellow napped amazon Seminole, green wing macaw Monte, yellow budgie parakeet Avra , Sun conure Starburst... RIP Hendrick... Fly high pretty blue.. 5-5-14
    Another difference in crows and Ravens.. Crows have 2 talons in front and back like a parrot... Ravens have 3 in front.. One in back..

3. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-14-2015)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Another difference in crows and Ravens.. Crows have 2 talons in front and back like a parrot... Ravens have 3 in front.. One in back..
    They do?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Lori, I read a book, awhile back, called "Mind of the Raven: Investigations and Adventures with Wolf-Birds", by, Bernd Heinrich. Fascinating book, I highly recommend it!

6. The following user likes this post:

2birds (01-16-2015)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Brandon... I'm not sure that's correct. Check out the following description (from http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/crows.html):

Figure 4. The four toes in a crow’s track are about the same length, and in good prints each toe leaves a claw mark at the end. Three thick toes point forward, and one long toe (equally thick) points back. The total length of a print is approximately 3 inches.(From Pandell and Stall, Animal Tracks of the Pacific Northwest.)

I believe that psittacines are the only birds who have two front toes and two back toes. I may have missed something, but that's been my understanding and it comports with my observations throughout life.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (01-16-2015), Mare (01-15-2015)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Lori, I read a book, awhile back, called "Mind of the Raven: Investigations and Adventures with Wolf-Birds", by, Bernd Heinrich. Fascinating book, I highly recommend it!
    Thanks Mare, I'll have to take a look at it. Ravens and crows fascinate me with their intelligence.

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-16-2015)

Parrots

Congo African grey, keet
    Quote Originally Posted by 2birds View Post
    I've never had one but I like them. Apparently they are into winter sports and love sledding.

Really funny!!
    Rachael Rawlings
    And my CAG Isaac
    Author of: The Parrot Told Me

12. The following user likes this post:

2birds (01-29-2015)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    Brandon... I'm not sure that's correct. Check out the following description (from http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/crows.html):

I believe that psittacines are the only birds who have two front toes and two back toes. I may have missed something, but that's been my understanding and it comports with my observations throughout life.
    OK.. Thats what I was told by an old vet friend.. Years ago.. Idk..