User Tag List

Thread: Hello....

Parrots

Peepers/peeps ! year old Quaker

Hello....

Hello everyone, my name is Alex and i have a one year old baby quaker named peeps, or peepers. I have rescued her from a very filthy environment and im afraid things have taken a turn for the worst...

I know this may not be appropriate and any moderator may delete this post if it is against terms or conditions...

But shortly after getting my little baby who i have formed an amazing bond with in only around 3 months, she started developing a sore on her chest, i thought maybe she accidentally plucked a feather or something of the sort but after a little while i recognized it was getting worse and worse. So i took her to an aviary vet, and she has been diagnosed with a small tumor. The vet said the tumor has around 2-4 weeks until it may spread to very dangerous areas of her body, but can very likely be saved if i can get her the help she needs. Now i know i said it may be wrong but i have also come to the point of despair and misery because i cannot afford to get her the help she needs, i know i should have been prepared for something which i was in a sense but i never imagined something like this would happen... Im sorry if this annoys anybody and i promise promise promise this isnt any funny business.. My baby is dying and i am desperate for getting the help she needs. Otherwise i will have to put my baby down in a few weeks if i cannot get it.

If anybody, anybody at all, could help me in raising some money for her i dont even know how i could thank you enough for your support.....

I have started a go fund me fundraiser for her but i am not very optimistic as this is the first of anything like this i have done and i do not have many friends who would be willing to help me in this....

If you could donate even just a dollar it would help us and more importantly her more than you could even imagine. This bird has become my life and i am going to do anything i can to save my little girl. If you think you could help please please please do so.... Her fundraiser website link is ********************* minus the quotes.... please, anything and everything is needed, even just some moral support... This is very tough for me and i cannot stand to see her in any pain.

Thank you for reading this and using your precious time.....
    Attachments Attachments red-area.jpg  

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Well Alex I'm not sure what your up against.When your vet said it can spread...was there a diagnosis of what it was?Was it an avian vet you saw? What sort of expense are you looking at.You may consider speaking with your local rescue or humane society or making a payment schedule with your vet...often this can be done.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Hello Alex. I'm very sorry to hear about Peepers. That has to inflict horrible heartache upon you

As Dave has expressed, it would be good to know the exact diagnosis for Peepers... that is, what is the name of the malignancy and how was the diagnosis made by your veterinarian? What kinds of tests were done on Peepers? And as Dave has asked, is your vet board certified in avian medicine? Those are some important questions, not only for us, but for you and especially for Peepers!

As I'm sure you know, there are plenty of heartstring tugging contrived efforts floating around the Internet. Many of them have been introduced to pet discussion groups in order to work the emotions of animal lovers. When folks fall for such contrivances and contribute to the falsely purported causes, it equates to potentially contributory funds being snatched away from genuinely ill and suffering pets. For this reason I'm going to ask you to PM me with the name and location of your veterinarian. If we can verify your extremely touching description, we will allow you to publish your fund-raising link here. Hopefully you are able to understand our position in this regard at the current point.

Thanks kindly
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (12-18-2014), Lady (12-18-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Alex I do understand how this makes your heart sick. I am sending you a link that may or may not help out. Wishing you and your bird all the luck and healing in the world. http://www.imom.org/fa/pdf/fasources.pdf

http://www.imom.org/fa/index.htm
    Last edited by spiritbird; 12-17-2014 at 10:12 PM.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (12-18-2014), Lady (12-18-2014)