User Tag List

Thread: Basil, the dog..

Threaded View

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Basil, the dog..

Is..I hate to say it,,but I think she might be mentally challenged, can dogs be this? We had three dogs before another was added, then..my son Noah, brings in this med/large reddish dog, she looks like a pit/lab mix. This makes five. Noah doesn't live with us, he shares a house with some friends. He has a small dog, that he found as a stray, that he's had for a couple years. His friends threw a FIT when he brought home this red dog, that he found running down the highway, that he named Basil, the friends don't like animals to begin with but allowed his little one there. WELL,,Basil ends up here (thanks, Noah), just till Noah can find a place of his own.
    Basil has to be at least eight months old and chews the whooty out of EVERYTHING! Noah had her spayed about two months ago, thankfully. She has totally destroyed three dog beds, the insides spread a quarter mile, at least 20 pair of shoes, her favorites are the rubber flip flops but she's moved into hiking boots. Socks,,OMG, my sock basket has never been this low. She does most of this stuff when we are close but have not caught her in the act. Oh, she gets lots of rawhide chew bones, too.
    This is the "coup de grace"..Yesterday, we brought home the Christmas tree, five feet tall and stood it on the deck till we could be ready to bring it in. I go outside to get it and Basil had drug it OFF the deck, down the drive way, into the lower yard and was chewing it to pieces! No words...
    I understand about separation anxiety, I understand dogs being puppies but I don't understand this girls behavior, it's constant. I'm getting pretty good with a squirt bottle recently, they are AWESOME!

Does anyone else go through this with their dog?

2. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-16-2014)